Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Pedaling with a Purpose - Go, Webby!



FROM CHRISTI'S AWESOME WEBMASTER:

I’m baaaaaack… That’s right, I have returned for another year of fundraising and again this year will be racing in the Founder’s Lumberjack 100 mountain bike race to benefit the Children’s Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation (CNCF).

So many generously supported my effort in 2006 and helped me raise over $12,000 in the fight against childhood cancer! Thank you for your support last year! While it was great news that thanks to your help I was able to surpass my fundraising goal, it saddens me to say that Christi Thomas (my inspiration for last year’s effort) passed away on September 19, 2006 after putting up a four-year long fight against the disease. She is missed by family, friends and literally millions of people from across the globe who came to love her and the entire Thomas Team through her website and online blog/journal pages.
This year I’m racing in her memory and have set a new goal of $15,000. I can’t do it without your help. Below is a link to my online fundraising site where you can make a donation (securely) with a debit or credit card. If everyone that helped last year could give just a little more, I know we can make it.


Again this year, Team Active Cycling & Fitness is donating $25 gift cards to anyone making a donation of $100 or more!

I hope you can find it in your heart to support my effort again this year (and maybe even “bump it up a bit”) with a donation in support of the CNCF. Unfortunately we couldn’t save Christi, but together we all can help make a difference in the lives of future children that are innocently stricken with this deadly form of cancer.

Thanks for making a difference!
Eric

P.S. With the help of your donation from last year, I’m pleased to report that the CNCF is able to hold a conference in Chicago this year. They were unable to hold one in 2006 due to lack of funding, yet it was at one of these CNCF conferences where the Thomas Team met the “amazing” Dr. Maris who was instrumental in providing Christi with her high quality of life for most of her treatment. Your support will help to ensure future efforts like this can continue.organization, so your donation is tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. The CNCF’s Tax ID # is 36-4370725. Visit them online at www.cncf-childcancer.org to learn more.


FROM ANGELA:
The 4-6th graders had their music program at school yesterday. Just watching them wear their matching tee shirts in preparation for their exciting night while I was teaching yesterday was terribly difficult for me to witness. Unfortunately, Shayla forgot her dance bag at home and because I leave directly for Ohio State after school and a very sweet mom takes care of her for me, Shayne had to bring it to school where he walked in the door and ran right into the 5th graders. While he was happy to catch up with Christi's sweet 5th grade friends, it was also terribly hard for him as well.

It's hard to believe these pictures were taken one short year ago. Christi had a blast at her first and last spring music program. I'm so grateful she was able to be there as it was touch and go for a while. God is good!
Warming up the recorders (smile).
Happy to be back in school with great teachers and friends, April 2006 (Christi age 8)

4 Comments:

At 26/4/07 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Webby Eric is amazing! I'll definitely be donating and hopefully he will surpass his goal and raise a ton more $$ to help CNCF. I saw a short news clip an NB mom posted on her son's caringbridge page and Dr. Maris spoke in it which made me think of Christi. She looks adorable playing the recorder with her classmates. It brings back memories because I played the recorder in 4th and 5th grade. *Stay Strong!*

 
At 26/4/07 7:26 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

GOOO Eric! Amazing, simply amazing.

I'm so sorry that Christi isn't there this year to participate in the spring concert. I remember oh so well last year wondering if she'd be able to participate or not.

Much love and many prayers to you,
Heather

 
At 26/4/07 12:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome about PWAP!
I emailed all my friends to donate!

 
At 26/4/07 2:50 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

WOW webby is AMAZING!!!! I wish him the best of luck in raising many, many, many funds for such a worthy cause!

As always, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Olivia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home