Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

A Child Dies of Cancer

"A Child Dies of Cancer"



God said, “I know you’re hurting
And filled with grief and strife
The loss of such a loved one
Cuts deep, just like a knife.”

I said, “It’s unrelenting
The sadness and the woe
This pain so cruel and ruthless
How could you ever know?”

God said, “I’m full of mercy
My arms are open wide
Come here to me for comfort
Get rid of earthly pride.”

I said, “I cannot do that
You took my child away
My world once bright and cheerful
Has turned to skies of gray.”

God said, “I really love you
Your loss, I truly share
I’m here to eas yourburden
This weight, I’m going to bear.”

I said, “Dear Lord have mercy
On ended knee, I pray
I cannot stand this torture
I fall apart each day.”

God said, “You’ll find the answers
You mustn’t be so weak
The truth is found in scripture
It’s there that you must seek.”

I said, “How could you know, God?
Your heart is made of steel
You’ll never really understand
The heartache that I feel.”

God said, “I know you’re hurting
I see you’ve suffered loss
You lost your child to cancer
Mine died upon the cross.”

By Marilyn Ferguson, 2006

7 Comments:

At 7/4/07 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow an really awesome poem...

happy easter to the thomas team

 
At 7/4/07 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to The Thomas Team! Hope you find comfort in this precious holiday. I know it won't be the same but she is still with you and always will be!

 
At 7/4/07 4:51 PM, Blogger Nicole (SummersComing) said...

I have nominated you guys for a "bloggers award." This site and your fundrasing site. I hope that is okay?!

No need to post this comment...I just wasnt sure if the blog award site will notify you and I wanted you to go over and get your little "site button!"

http://www.bloggerschoiceawards.com/

 
At 7/4/07 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter - have just been to our vigil mass and was thinking of Christi and all of your family - it's nice to be united in faith together.

 
At 7/4/07 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and beautiful poem might I add!

 
At 8/4/07 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi looks adorable hunting for easter eggs in her little pink dress. Those are such precious words and truly speak volumes. The only ones who understand your pain are God and other parents who have lost a child. I can't wait for the day that NO child will ever have to die from cancer, we need cures NOW! *Stay Strong!*

 
At 8/4/07 7:22 AM, Blogger Brigid and Celie said...

On this sunny Easter Sunday morning, our thoughts and prayers of Love and Peace and Hope are with you, Thomas Team. And we hope the Easter Bunny made a special visit to you, Shayla!

XOXOXO
Brigid and Celie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home