Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007


Our hearts and our prayers go out to the family of our dear United States Congressman, Paul Gillmor. I cannot imagine how difficult it must have been for his wife to tell his three young boys about the death of their father; that has been heartbreaking for me. I was shocked to learn the news from Shayne today when I checked in with him on my lunch break. (Skip was the Chairman of the Board at Shayne's bank.) I will never forget his kind words as he came through the visitation line at the funeral home. I can't even imagine how hectic his schedule is and yet - there he was - at Christi's visitation. Too sweet! The loss of the Congressman to our area is nothing short of catastrophic.

PICTURE: Christi and Shayla with the Congressman as he patronizes the "Christi & Alex's Lemonade Stand" (June 2005)

3 Comments:

At 5/9/07 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were the first person I thought of when I heard of the news today - I know you had posted about him in the past. Prayers for his family and for yours also.

 
At 6/9/07 6:33 AM, Blogger Knitting Maniac said...

As soon as I heard this news on WFIN (Findlay's local AM), I had to come over here to make sure it was really true. I knew that you would have a loving tribute to him.

Such a sad, sad loss. He was right here for the flood victims a few weeks ago...

 
At 6/9/07 7:51 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your friend. His family will be in my prayess.

All my love,
Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home