Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Goodluck, Buckeyes!


THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU soooooooooooo much to the sweetest of bloggers for playing Shayla's game! She LOVED reading every one of the comments and laughed occasionally while reading them. She tried to "trick" people into thinking she was in Texas with the photos she selected to share, but the majority of Christi's bloggers were much too wise for that. Yes! We went to Phoenix to visit Aunt V and to see Cousin Josh & Rosa's new little baby - Rosa Marie Christine (How about that for a beautiful name?! I know how much they all miss Christi too!) I made enough Southwest Airline trips (the majority of them with Christi) to have earned a free ticket. Shayne and Shayla will have theirs after this flight back today. They keep teasing me about where they are going next, without me. (Who knows where the next "Where Is Shayla?" game may take place from, hee hee!) It's hard to believe Aunt V has been here about fifteen years now. This was Shayla's sixth trip to Arizona, but she does not remember the earliest ones. We had a lovely time in the Valley of the Sun, sightseeing and catching up.
Despite the big drop in temps from our arrival on Friday, we were able to briefly enjoy: South Mountain, Rawhide, Squaw Peak, Pappago Park, Arizona Museum for the Youth, & Mesa's Natural History Museum before having to fly back to Ohio today. Her iPod has been wonderful. (I was able to load four children's books on it prior to our departure.) Shayla starts back to school on Wednesday, but she wanted to leave you a little message below. (Ohio State folks will "get it" she thinks.) We will be watching the National Championship game tonight. Again, thank you!!
O!
H!
I!
O! Ohio!





Shayla and Shayne climbed to the very top of Squaw Peak Mountain on Saturday morning. I stayed back to study since Winter Quarter started on the 3rd. (I'm taking four classes this quarter, PLUS - in reality - I knew I would never make it to the top. It is quite strenuous! Much to my surprise, I received a phone call from Shayla at the top of Squaw Peak - wow! I still can't believe she did it!)

6 Comments:

At 7/1/08 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When they got to the top of Squaw Peak, did they spit on the rock???
My 80+ year old dad climbed Squaw Peak almost every year until he was like 85 and got interested in theater organs and didn't have time. Hahahaha. Loved the photos of my old home. Thanks for sharing.
Susan in MN

 
At 7/1/08 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the O-H-I-O!! Very cool!
Go Bucks!!

 
At 7/1/08 3:16 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

What a beatiful name for that little precious baby! I am sure that just made you overwhelmed. WOW! You all look like you are having fun and I love the O-H-I-O! Glad you all could get away. Bummer about the tickets! If the hubby and SHayla end up leaving you for a trip, with their free tickets, then you should find something totally awesome to do for yourself. Something you would never do.
As always, it is such a priviledge to be let into to your lives for a peak. You are all such wonderful people and I pray for you all to have joy everyday in abundance.

- Kimberly

 
At 7/1/08 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO BUCKS!! I LOVE the pics Shayla!! Angela I enjoyed reading the very nice article about you in the Advertiser Tribune online today. For all the bloggers to enjoy go to http://www.advertiser-tribune.com/page/content.detail/id/502614.html?nav=5010

 
At 8/1/08 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, cute photos of Shayla! I'm glad you're able to provide her such a sense of fun and adventure.

It is so clear to me that she shares many of the special qualities Christi had...while following Christi's journey, countless times I've thought, "Christi is amazing." Over these months, seeing Shayla move forward, I must say Shayla is pretty amazing too.

All my love to the Thomas Team.
SC

 
At 9/1/08 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Please let Miss Shayla know she did a Darn good job of fooling us Texans who didn't remember or realize you had relatives in AZ! She is such a cutie! Can't wait for your next trip, this is really fun!

Congrats on FRONT PAGE NEWS! That is a wonderful accomplishment, I have teacher's in my family also and know it take's a great person to make a great teacher! I don't doubt your pupil's LOVE you and you are making life meaning impressions on them, bet they will remember you thoughout their lives!

God Bless your family always,
Denise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home