Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christi's Final Poem "Friendship Never Ends"





This probably wasn't the day to do this and now I'm in the midst of a mess I probably won't get the courage up to face again for many days......Yesterday, I decided that if I just put all of the Christmas decorations away I'd feel much better. It's been so hard to see Christi's Nativity Set, her Christmas pictures, etc., etc. Then a friend called and came over so instead I laughed, cried and caught up with Lori for a couple of hours.

Today, I decided I wasn't quite ready to put all of the Christmas items away just yet so instead I "thought" I was ready to go through Christi's "things" (keepsakes, photos, personal items I'm saving) and get them better organized - instead of stacked in a corner of our bedroom. (Shayla has been asking me for Christi's electronic diary and that was my main reason for starting the project.) For the first time, I opened the brown bag containing Christi's items from her school desk knowing it was going to be oh so hard, but never realizing the true treasure I'd find inside.

Everything was brand new: folders, markers, book covers, rulers, pencils, etc. It broke my heart knowing how much she loved school and that she only had a week of fifth grade; yet, I told myself to be grateful she made it that far as most with neuroblastoma do not make it to age nine. There was a folder; inside it contained two lovely sketches of cats and this lovely poem she wrote, three weeks before her death. I think it is beautiful and sort of makes me think it's like a note she left behind for them - even though I do not believe she realized how very ill she was at that point. Regardless, I hope all of her friends know she wrote it for them and how special they made her feel. She was so blessed with so many great friends!


“Friendship Never Ends”

By Christi Thomas
August 25, 2006

Friends forever
Stick together
Giving gifts
Sharing smiles.

Friends make recess all worthwhile
They help you celebrate any day
Make you feel good in any way
But the best thing about friends is
Friendship never ends.



12 Comments:

At 27/12/07 1:23 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Angela,

Thanks again for sharing! Christi has inspired yet another day of mine. Thanks for going through that bag. It must have been rough, but thanks!

Kimberly

 
At 27/12/07 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures.

And thanks for sharing this beutiful poem written by Christi..

Angela - don't trow Christi things away

I hope 2008 will be a good year for you :)

 
At 27/12/07 4:01 PM, Blogger Nikking said...

That is so BEAUTIFUL! And, it made me cry so MUCH!

Thank you for sharing that Angela!

 
At 27/12/07 8:42 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

What a beautiful poem. Sweet Christi must have meant for you to find it now. I wish that I could give you a big hug right now, but please know I'm thinking of you.

Much love,
Olivia

 
At 28/12/07 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays Thomas Family! Miss Christi sure wrote a lovely poem - it's beautiful and so true. Looks like Shayla had a fun Christmas with lots of nice gifts. Have a good new year everyone!

 
At 28/12/07 10:16 AM, Blogger Jodie Mae said...

What a beautiful poem. Our thoughts are with you guys this Holiday Season.

 
At 28/12/07 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Thomas',

In your email about Christmas Eve, you mentioned that Shayne no longer works at the bank.....just wondering if that was the hardship you all went through a while ago, did he find a new job, just curious about what happened there, hopefully, when the time is right, you can share!

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

 
At 28/12/07 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wise Christi truly was, thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas.

 
At 28/12/07 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, that poem was beautiful. Here are 3 links of videos which i have created with Christi in which you can view if you want to:

Christi Thomas Tribute
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dWACQea00Bs

12 Inspirational Cancer Heroes and Angels
http://youtube.com/watch?v=J8LMQdP2U7I

3 Neuroblastoma Angels
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aTwySwic3zQ

Hope you like them...

Also wanted to say how beautiful shayla looks, and how gorgeous her hair is. Thinking of you all

 
At 28/12/07 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love seeing pictures of Christi with her friends doing 'normal kid stuff'. She looks so happy just being where she should still be, at school with her friends. Christi's "Friendship Never Ends" poem is beautiful. I hope her friends find comfort knowing the last poem she wrote was for them and know that their friendships with her will last forever. I've read many things she has written through the years and what a talented writer your girl was!

I'm sorry to hear how hard it is for you to go through Christi's items but I pray that in time your tears will be of happiness remembering the precious moments you shared with Christi. Stay Strong!

 
At 29/12/07 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so brave Angela. I am glad that, although Christi will always be missed, that Shayla has given you some smiles over the past few days. Take care, my thoughts are with the Thomas team - and happy new year.

Irene

 
At 31/12/07 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fabulous poem! Thank you Christi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home