Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Blah, Blah, Blah!

I'm certain I should just delete this entry and try to get some sleep. It's been a long, tough week. Shayne has been in Vegas all week for work. (Did I really type work and Las Vegas in the same sentence? Hmmmm.) I cannot wait for him to get home; communication has been challenging.

I absolutely lost it at work today. About ten minutes before my students walked in, I saw in the paper the "Annual Christi Thomas Memorial Egg Hunt" was held at Tiffin University. We were home, we could have been there, I had no idea it was being held then. I immedately burst into tears and absolutely sobbed. I had been asking Shayne to find out when it was since he sent them the $1,000 check. I know I should have taken care of it myself because I had been wondering for a few weeks when it was going to be, but I didn't and I'm still beyond upset with myself for not just picking up the phone and calling them. Shayla would have LOVED to have attended the egg hunt and to have helped pass out the prizes and I can't help think Christi is disappointed in me for not knowing when her beloved egg hunt was. Erghh!!!!!!!! I somehow got myself together before my students came in, but it wasn't easy and as soon as we were home from school I picked up where I left off.

I think Shayne being gone again and Easter being right around the corner isn't helping. I know I should just go to bed, but I keep ending up crying over missing the Tiffin University event held in her honor. This week I organized all of the 8X10photos ever taken of Christi into three albumns. I know how blessed I am to have them, but it was terribly hard to go through all of that. I also removed all of the special school things she taped on the back of her bedroom door. Reading the applications from the Heidelberg students for the CT $1,000 scholarship has been hard too.

PHOTO 1999: OK, I do not know why I put that bow on her head since it doesn't match her shirt, but I've had such a good time with Shayla this week I had to share this photo, taken at the Fostoria YMCA where we used to go after church when the girls were little. They had an awesome play room for them, and all of us.

9 Comments:

At 14/3/08 7:46 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Oh Angela,

I'm so sorry to hear that you had such a hard week.

I wish I could say or do something to make it better. But you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Sending you love, hugs and prayers,
Heather

 
At 14/3/08 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela, I am certain Christi is anything but disappointed in you over an egg hunt. I know, without a doubt, although I didn't know her, I know she is proud of you and what you have accomplished. I wish I had some profound words, but I don't - I will pray for peace for you. God Bless

 
At 14/3/08 8:21 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

Oh Angela, my heart goes out to you. I am sure Christi was not upset with you about the Egg Hunt. You have had so much on your plate these days and you're doing so much still. Christi is pround and honored by all that you do, of this I have absolutely no doubt. She and Shayla are so very blessed to have you as their mother.

I know words may not help, but I am thinking about you and sending many, many hugs your way today. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love,
Olivia

 
At 14/3/08 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angela,

My heart goes out to you, I'm sorry....but I hope you don't beat yourself up too much, honestly you're doing so much to honor Christi's memory. When I read all your posts about the many, many donations from Christ's Memorial Fund, I am just blown away. What more can you do?? I only know you from this website, yet I know in my heart that Christi would NOT be disappointed in her mom....she would understand and she would be so very proud of EVERYTHING that her mom, dad, and Shayla have done.

You just got done telling us what a BUSY quarter you had!...maybe the folks at Tiffin U could sent you an email about when the egg hunt was being held when they got your check. I really hope you feel better soon.

Warmest wishes,
Shirley
NJ

 
At 14/3/08 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought I would let you know that the Egg Hunt at TU is always the wed before Easter...makes it easy to remember :)

 
At 14/3/08 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you missed this event that you wanted so much to be a part of! Signals must have gotten mixed up. Any event honoring CT should have the Thomas Team in the loop.

Personally, I think there should be an event honoring the Thomas Team for ALL that you've done to help others. Awesome family!

 
At 14/3/08 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you missed the egg hunt. Don't be so hard on yourself though. I think Christi would understand. You have had a lot on your plate lately. Sometimes things just slip through the cracks. Christi is probably just shaking her had smiling and saying going "way to go Mom." There is no way she will ever be disappointed in you.

 
At 15/3/08 7:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so sorry, precious Angela. You have every right to be upset, missing something you treasure just stinks. I pray Shayne's return from his trip will give you some extra support and help ease the emotional load. I am so proud of you for finishing this semester, and I'm sure there's going to be some repercussions just because you're not running 700 miles a minute in so many directions all at once. Love you bunches and thinking of you and yours often.

Spring

 
At 15/3/08 7:15 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

As mother's we sure do beat ourselves up. You are a wonderful mom and I am sure Christi knows that you would have been there with alal your bells and whistles on if you would have known.

We all need a really good cry now and again. You have been through a lot.


Kimberly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home