Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A CT Video to Share

I hope this works! Recently, I asked some of my amazing seventh grade students how I could share a song or a video I had on iTunes. (I have been trying to get some of Christi’s new found videos shared, but without any success. Some may remember, after I bought Shayla’s shuffle at Christmas time, about 75 videos of Christi “showed up”. It was a great Christmas gift!!) Hopefully, this will work this morning so you can see and hear Christi. The video was taken in July of 2005, in our hotel room, at the Neuroblastoma conference in Chicago. About a week earlier, her progression was confirmed in Philly. While Shayne said he’d bring up the van and call us when we could just come down to the lobby and hop in, I decided to have Christi make a special little surprise for her daddy. I told her I wanted to video her talking about what she likes best about her dad. Well, she surprised me by starting off with that and then going on to tell about Shayla and then her mother. The video clip is about 1 and a half minutes long and I hope you can open it. Sometimes I’m asked how I could teach middle school and I always laugh and respond with how great my kids are! They really are! They are so into social issues, projects, and debate. I LOVE it! They have the attitude that they’re going to solve the problems of the world and I believe they will!! (Hey, they fix my tech problems all the time!! Smile!)

The recipe called for some interesting pizza toppings. What do you think they were?
We tried out a new pizza recipe. Any one want to guess what was on that pizza? It was delicious, but it will most likely surprise you! What do you think? Just in case this video does not work, I’ll post a picture here of Shayla creating a new type of pizza and see if you can figure out what it is. It was delicious!

Yesterday, with about 8 inches of snow, we had the day off. We read a chapter book, made cookies and did some other cooking. She made a snowman and put it out by the road so it’d be there for Shayne to see when he gets home. I missed my second class (first one Jan. 2005) due to weather, but with a level two snow emergency and with hazardous back roads to try to travel and significant snow accumulation, I didn’t think it was safe to even attempt it. I know that my professors in Columbus most like do not understand what I go through to get to class, so I emailed a picture of the snow and explained why I would not be trying to make the two hour drive (on dry roads). I felt very guilty and nervous about it, but then last night received an email back from my prof saying I made the right decision. Thankfully, I have some awesome friends in that class and they’re catching me up. Next week will be my last week of winter quarter! I had an idea of celebration in my head all quarter, but I think perhaps that’s changed in recent weeks. We’ll see!


PIC: Over the weekend with Shayne, Shayla makes a snow angel as we thought of Christi.

P.S. The white circles around and beside "Swifter" are just plastic "bubbles" that came with the American Girl bathtub. They really are cute, even if they confused some bloggers. Thanks!

10 Comments:

At 27/2/08 9:14 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

I have no idea what's in the pizza, but it looks tasty. :o) Was it a candy/gummy pizza perhaps?

Loads of love to you all,
Olivia

 
At 28/2/08 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla, did you make a cookie/fruit pizza? I tried to cheat ;) and click on the photo so I could see it up close...but it didn't allow me to do that! (See, cheaters never do prosper!) hee hee In any case, ALL pizza is delicious so I'm sure yours was too!

 
At 28/2/08 10:47 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

What a lovely video to have and treasure forever! She was sooo gorgeous! What a sweetheart.

Love you all so very much,
Heather

 
At 28/2/08 11:04 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

What a sweet video of Christi! I loved watching it!

 
At 29/2/08 2:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My God, Angela, it was sooooooooooooooooooo beautiful, heart warming, sweet and funny. I love Christy's voice which I have never heard before. Thank you so very much for sharing it with us!

Love and hugs,

Oliwia (Poland)

 
At 29/2/08 7:58 AM, Blogger Mimi said...

OMG I don’t know how you guys can look at those video’s…I am sitting here crying my eyes out and I didn’t really know Christy…(just through the blog.) I love reading your blog just want you guys know there are people out here that don’t really know you, but we LOVE you…..

 
At 29/2/08 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That video was so sweet. It just shows how loving Christi was. I am still so sorry for your loss. I still check on your family on a daily basis.
Shayla my birthday is the 5th of Feb., I enjoyed this extra day too!

Debbie

 
At 29/2/08 4:53 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

Wow. I just love hearing Christi's voice. After spending so many years following her story it is so bittersweet to hear her voice. Such a sweetheart! I don't comment as often as I should, but I still check this blog every single day. I just love the Thomas Team!

-Nicole
Atlanta, GA

 
At 1/3/08 11:03 AM, Blogger Meg said...

What a great video!!!

 
At 29/9/08 4:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! I've never heard Christi's voice either and it is so strange to hear this beautiful angel speaking now. I just read the email mentioning making Christi's life into a movie and I could not think of a movie I would want to see more. Christi died on my 2nd wedding anniversary, I found her page at 8:30am that morning and spent the whole day reading her stories from the beginning, when I came to the end and then she had already died just 30 minutes after I found the page I just lost it. What an AMAZING little girl, and what an amazing family. I also continue to check this blog regularly, Christi changed my life on the last day of hers and I will never forget her!

Shannon in Fall River, MA

 

Post a Comment

<< Home