Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Christi's Tea Party 2008

Due to some life changes of the sweet party planners and to the fact that I am in the midst of finishing my final OSU courses and writing two chapters of my dissertation this quarter, I decided it best not to physically hold a "Christi's Tea Party" this year. Last year's still provide us with the sweetest memories of being surrounded by those who loved Christi on her birthday; it also allowed us to raise funds for her Memorial Fund - keeping her legacy alive. This year, however, it will need to be done "virtually". Our deepest thanks to the amazing Olivia who has offered to home make "Christi's Tea Packages". Listed below you'll find all of the information you need to "attend" if you're able. Please accept our deepest thanks and gratitude for helping with this fundraiser, if you're able!!

It's Tea Time!
Honoring Christi's 11th Birthday




In honor of what would have been Christi's 11th birthday, Tea Time Packages are being sold. These packages are a special way to celebrate and acknowledge Christi's remarkable life—a party in a box!

Each Christi's Tea Time Package will include:

• 8 cookies of your choice (chocolate chip, sugar or chocolate peanut butter)

• 4 chocolate lollipops

• 4 packets of either tea or hot chocolate

• A keepsake in recognition of your donation

The suggested donation price for each Christi's Tea Package is $15 (shipping is included).

To place your order, please email: christi.birthday@gmail.com.

Orders will be accepted through May 31, 2008.

All funds raised will be donated to the Christi Thomas Memorial Fund and the Kids Cancer Crusade. These organizations were established in honor of Christi and her love of learning, of the arts and of helping those most in need.

For more information on these wonderful organizations, please visit:

www.christithomas.org and www.kidscancercrusade.org.

Together, we can all celebrate Christi's special day and keep her legacy alive.

8 Comments:

At 22/4/08 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angela, just a query: are those packages available to ship internationally (it's not clear from the kidscancercrusade website either)? I think it is a wonderful idea- I hope it raises lots of funds.

Irene

 
At 22/4/08 7:32 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

Thank YOU so much, Angela and Shayne for letting us do this.

Jennifer has been amazing with all of this too which is a huge help.

Loads of love to you all. I know these times are never easy. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Olivia

 
At 22/4/08 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea! I'll definitely join in and "attend" her tea party. I can't believe it's almost her birthday, time just flies by. Love and miss you Christi!

 
At 22/4/08 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Angela,
I hope this doctoral work does not keep you up all night...
A funny: in this post, we have been through three years--- Christi's birthday 2009,
Orders accepted through May 31, 2007( on the flyer)
and 2008 in your actual post!
Get some sleep!
A faithful CT supporter

 
At 23/4/08 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea! I have ordered two, one for our family and one for the girls next door who I babysit for (Christi and Shayla's ages) so they can have a little tea party in her honor as well.

Angela you sure know how to keep busy :) Best of luck with your classes and those dissertation chapters

 
At 23/4/08 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to stop by and tell you I had the most vivid dream about Christi last night. I never had the pleasure of meeting her in person, but I feel like I have gotten to know and love all of you through her website.

In my dream, she was in a race, and she was so fast and nimble, and beat everyone to the finish line! She was so happy, smiling, and laughing.

I'm not a dream interpretor or anything, but what the dream meant to me is that Christi's body is perfect now that she is in heaven. She has no more aches and pains associated with the surgeries she had, the tumors, or the Chemo. She is perfect and happy. I hope my post provides some comfort.

My thoughts and prayers are always with your family.

 
At 26/4/08 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Angela -
I know - I seem to always write about your PhD work, probably because I'm doing it as well. Anyhow - congrats on finishing coursework this quarter, and even more - writing 2 chapters of your dissertation! That's a huge accomplishment - as you know. I know that Christi is looking down from above very very proud of you.

 
At 26/4/08 11:17 PM, Blogger Best Dog Videos said...

We are dedicated to making people smile. So we cannot help but be touched by your efforts to help children who need it so desperately. We wish you smiles, joy, and success in your endeavors.

- Your friends at Best Dog Videos

 

Post a Comment

<< Home