Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Stylin' Cute

Picture 2005 Not so long ago, I told Shayla that I missed Christi so much and that I thought she'd like to be riding home from school with us on a beautiful day with blue skies. She surprised me with her repsonse. She said, "I miss her too. You know what I miss most?" I immediately assumed she'd give her typical response, "I miss always having someone to play with," but she taught me something new with her response.

Picture 2004 She said, "I miss her calling me Stylin' Cute." I said, "What??" Shayla explained after I'd do Shayla's hair or put her in a pretty outfit Christi would say to her, "You're stylin'." Shayla said she'd say back, "You're cute." Then Christi would say, "You're Stylin' Cute," and they'd both laugh. One more treasure I was happy to learn from a little one who knew Christi in a totally different way than I did. One more reason why I MUST get some video footage of Shayla talking about Christi soon, before she forgets special memories of her big sister.

Picture 2003
Picture 2001

6 Comments:

At 28/4/08 12:37 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

I absolutely love these new pictures! The bond between Christi and Shayla is so strong. The "Stylin' Cute" story is a true treasure. Thank you so much for sharing it here.

Loads of love and many hugs,
Olivia

 
At 28/4/08 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one of the cutest Christi/Shayla tidbits I think you've ever shared. "Stylin Cute" definitely describes those two! I pray that Shayla never forgets those special memories.

 
At 28/4/08 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can almost picture Christi saying that to Shayla in the picture of them in the pink outfits.... how lucky Shayla is to have had a best friend like Christi.... I only wish it could have been for a longer time.
Hugs and Prayers.

 
At 28/4/08 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet is that? "stylin cute". Love the idea of the package tea party. As soon as I decide how many I want I will order. I read daily and still am amazed at Shayla and all she is involved in. One cute, well-rounded little lady she has become. God continue to bless you dear people.

 
At 29/4/08 8:12 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Melt my heart. That was the most precious little thing Shayla could say. Only sisters could have that kinda bond. The fact that Shayla remebers that, it must be important to her. You take care and God bless!

Kimberly

 
At 29/4/08 3:53 PM, Blogger 4floridadillons said...

stylin cute is one of the sweetest stories i have ever heard
my heart goes out to shayla (and all of you) that she is without her dear sister

 

Post a Comment

<< Home