Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Ashley Graduates

On our way back from Kentucky Sunday, we went to Ashley's 6PM graduation ceremony. It was so much like a college graduation, hard to believe it was for over 700 high school Seniors instead. I wiped away many tears, not just as Ashley entered the arena at the university, but also when two women (most likely mothers) in the audience stood - in memory of the class of 2008's two fallen classmates. My eyes continued to glance at them throughout the ceremony and when one disappeared, I was not at all surprised. I don't know how they could have been there. It continues to hurt me just seeing Christi's friends in our school's hallways each day.


I continue to shake my head and smile that Ashley actually graduated in the top 5% of that class, a class who collectively were offered scholarships in excess of eleven million (yes, 11,000,000.00) dollars! Simply, amazing! After working her two summer jobs, Ashley will be off to Purdue with a Trustee scholarship in August. I cannot believe my little Godchild has graduated! CONGRATULATIONS, ASHLEY!!

(PHOTO: Christi & Ashley, 2004, making caramel apples together)
(PHOTO: Ashley & Christi at Christi's fourth birthday party, 2001)

4 Comments:

At 3/6/08 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Ashley! She certainly worked hard - best wishes to her studies at Purdue. Wow she did attend a big high school - mine had a total of 500 students in all four grades, I can't imagine attending a school that big. I know Christi is very proud of her older cousin.

 
At 4/6/08 7:49 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

Congratulations, Ashley! Purdue is very lucky to have you.

Angela, I am sure watching those milestones and ceremonies is not easy. I'm thinking of you all and sending many hugs.

Love,
Olivia

 
At 4/6/08 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rarely does a day pass without me visiting your site. I draw so much inspiration from the way the Thomas family meets life head on and with such gusto.

In my lifetime I have experienced and witnessed much loss (in an earlier part of my life I was the preacher's wife who spent countless hours seeking to comfort those who faced life's toughest challenges), and I do believe I come to your site to gain inner strength from your postings.

I imagine there are many more people like me who are here daily, but don't offer you our sincerest thanks for your positivity.

Thank you

 
At 6/6/08 9:55 AM, Blogger Olivia said...

On a completely funny note, coming from an NYC public school, I graduated from a class of 1,099!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home