Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Conflict, Maybe Not

This sign hangs outside Shayla's stall, like all of the kids in the 4H club. After the fair, she gets to keep it. We'll attach her ribbons and hang it in her bedroom, the green one. I still cannot forget her other room, the one she now sleeps in, was Christi's. I quit calling it "Christi's Room" out load and started calling it her "purple room" instead, but it will always be "Christi's Room" to me! It still amazes me that she doesn't like to clean her bedroomS, but likes to clean Skeeter's stall.
A few days ago I received next year's dance classes and recital information from the studio. I was terribly disappointed to learn that my graduation from OSU and one of Shayla's two recital days conflict. Well, after struggling this week to find time to work on my exam question (and NOT finding that time) I decided that I should cheer up, there isn't going to be a conflict. (If I don't get this question answered and in a high quality fasion, there will be no graduation!) Therefore, after Shayla's classes finished up at the fair this afternoon, I said my goodbyes to relatives who were so kind to come and to sit for hours and I came home to work.
We really appreciate Kelsey's efforts in getting Skeeter ready! She is a sweetie!!
Shayla braids Skeet's tail.
Shayla with Claire, getting last minute pointers. Rumor has it there will be TWO in our family taking horse lessons beginning this fall. (No, not the mama!) Shayne has really enjoyed this "horse stuff" and all of the bonding time he's had with Shayla.
Shayla checks Skeeter's ears to see if she groomed them enough to please today's judge. Her competition today was very stiff as it was "open" not just 4H kids.
PIC: A goodluck kiss for Skeeter) Shayla had a wonderful first experience at the fair! I am so proud of her!! Today she entered the only three horse classes she could for a beginniner. There were 13 in each division, she didn't place in any of them, but seemed perfectly fine with that. She just loves being with Skeeter and I'm so happy she got out there and tried. It was also the first day it seemed like she could be a "kid" and enjoy the fair! When she was finished, she went with Aunt Tina, Nonee, Shelby and Will and rode rides and "hung out" at the fair.

2 Comments:

At 26/7/08 6:33 PM, Blogger Patricia said...

I just started reading your blog. It is a great tribute to your daughters. My daughter is 11 & she also loves horses. God bless

 
At 27/7/08 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There must be something profoundly spiritual about horses. In each photo you've posted, the featured horse is covered in orbs from head to toe, so much so as to appear spotted at first glance. Fascinating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home