Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Judging Day

Shayla, waiting with some of her 4H friends she made this year.
Ready for that Horse Project Judging / Interview.
Rabbit Judging

Shayla tried her best at banding. After nearly an hour, she had only about six of the braids complete.
After watching her struggle with the banding, I sent out for help. Two of Shayla's 4H "big" friends came and helped her, whew! It was another very long, very hot day, but I don't know if I've ever seen Shayla with so much adreneline. I was surprised to see so many orbs in this picture! I had to think Christi and many of her angel friends were helping with the horses tonight.
Skeeter's in his pajamas and will hopefully stay clean tonight. She'll head back to the barn at 6AM again tomorrow and she has her Western Shownmanship tomorrow about 9:30.
How could I "post" without including Christi? I think it would make me feel guilty. Isn't she the reason I'm writing? Wasn't this blog supossed to be about her, not my coping without her? Should I stop blogging as she's no longer needing support? Well, I feel like I can't. I have HUNDREDS of pictures that have never been posted. The mom in me just feels I need to share more about Christi while blogging helps me feel close to her. I also want to leave a record of Shayla's childhood for her so that she knows how loved and cherished she is. Regardless, I've really missed her in recent days knowing how much she'd be loving everything (except for the heat which really bothered her) about the fair. This photo was taken in December of 1997 when she was 7 months old. She's wearing her "kitty" outfit. I would love to share it with her now as an 11 year old. I bet she'd giggle!

8 Comments:

At 21/7/08 9:24 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Oh Angela, that picture of Christi is precious! Thank you so much for sharing it here.

I can't tell you how much it helps to read your blog. Not only do I love reading about all of your adventures, but in writing about your own grief, you help so many of us who are going through the same grieving process. I can't tell you how many times (like tonight) I have read your postings and simply nodded my head as I read your words. Thank you so much for continuing to share Christi (and Shayla!) through your writing.

Many, many hugs,
Olivia

 
At 21/7/08 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Shayla!! Looks like you're working hard! Good for you- best of luck tomorrow!! I bet you'll do great!

Angela- the picture brought a smile to my face, as do they all! Your wee warrior will never be forgotten. Not because of what she suffered, but for her life and how she chose to live it. Christi was a warrior we can all learn from- People tell me all the time that I am a trooper for what I've gone through, and I think to myself, "they wouldn't be telling ME that if they'd met Christi Thomas." I'm not nearly half the warrior your daughter was. I admire you for continuing to share her story with us- I check this website every day, no lie. Shayla is such a great wee girl who is so lucky to have such amazing parents as you and Shayne, and of course an amazing warrior sister like Christi. :)

All the best- you guys are always in my thoughts. :)

 
At 21/7/08 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela, please don't stop blogging! Christi's blog reminds all of us readers about our Blessings and about how we should attempt to tackle adversity with a 'Christi smile of sunshine'. AND having been a Christi follower for nearly 3 years now, I feel I know you all and would so miss keeping up with Shayla growing up (what a gorgeous smile she's got!) and being inspired by your study. Though your writings, scholarships and in all her followers, Christi Lives On! Bye from Australia..Michelle x

 
At 22/7/08 2:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get them clothes for shayla from ? (They're so cute ! )
Shayla looked like she had a smashing time - even if she did struggle with the banding ! I think Christi is giggling at the picture of her in Heaven right now ! Angela - You are right Christi doesn't need the support anymore , But you do ! Don't stop the blogging I love reading about what you do each day and how you are dealing with christi's loss - It really inspires me ! When Christi was alive we were all there for her , But now that she's in Heaven we are here for you 3 !


Lots of love and please,please,please dont stop The blogging ! Amber -x-

 
At 22/7/08 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone who's read about Christi and your whole family for a long long time...it's still lovely to see new picture's of Christi, she is still so alive in the hearts of many, and this blog is a great way to celebrate her life.
I also love to see beautiful Shayla, and how she's blossoming day by day..she is so photogenic, just like Christi seemed to be!
Gorgeous girls
Andrea, Melbourne, Australia

 
At 22/7/08 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela

For my part I hope you will countine this blog. You have know been a part of my life for two and a half year and I would love to countine to see pictures of Shayla growning and pictures of Christi.

You have two amazing girls and I love reading your blog. You have all a special place in my heart. I know there is a lot of people out there who stills read your blog - so don't stop.

With all my love,
Trine

 
At 22/7/08 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with what others have said Angela! The Thomas Team continues to inspire me. Like many others I check the site daily.

Melissa Morley
Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada

 
At 23/7/08 3:10 PM, Blogger snekcip said...

Please keep blogging we love ALL LOVE YOUR FAMILY and personally I LOVE THE PICS OF CHRISTI!!! Nothing like traveling down memory lane w/the Thomas family and "blazing new trails" w/Shayla! KEEP THE PICTURES COMING!! I LOVE 'EM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home