Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

July 4th

The 4th of July isn't a "big" holiday for our family, compared to Christmas, Easter and birthdays, so it wasn't supposed to be "hard" for me. Well, it wasn't....until we went to the fireworks. Throughout the day, I worked on my paper while Shayla had a ball playing with her "condo friend". We also went to the African Wildlife Safari Park and she played Frisbee with Shayne on the beach. After dinner, she made me a delicious surprise dessert as she worked with Shayne in the kitchen while I studied on the balcony. She is a sweetie!

For most of Christi's "Fourth of July's" we would be in some far off city attending my annual teachers' meeting. Due to my candidacy exams this summer, I knew I could not go. While it's been more pleasurable to be here in Ohio, I have been saddened, missing my teacher friends and following the happenings just via the website. Last night, I was so touched to receive a notice from a fellow teacher at the meeting. She is a sweetie and I always look forward to seeing her, and her precious little one. In this picture, Christi (5) and Shayla (3) are campaigning for an Ohio teacher at the national meeting in Dallas, TX. (He was elected and has done a great job serving us!) This was just weeks before she was diagnosed. We had no idea her little body was full of cancer. This beast is just sickening!

We took a little grill to the ball park to watch the fireworks last night. We roasted hot dogs and made s'mores. The fireworks were lovely, but as they streamed down the sky, tears streamed down my face as I was missing Christi terribly. May God be holding Christi tight. May God bless America!

Although our time here with Shayne's mom has been too short, we'll need to head home today. Shayla needs to work with Skeeter for a few hours this afternoon, I must continue with my writing, and Shayne has something incredibly exciting up his sleeve.

2 Comments:

At 5/7/08 9:14 AM, Blogger Carolyn Wing said...

My tears flowed just reading your note. I am so sorry you have to endure such pain. Hugs and prayers. Carolyn Wing grandma to Laura Stage IV neuroblastoma carepages.com page name LauraVDB

 
At 6/7/08 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh Look at those yummy treats Shayla created! Good job, Shayla!
Can't wait to hear what Shane's got up his sleeve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home