Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Back on the Ice

Christi's first time on the ice (Jan. 2004) She was surprised she couldn't just take off and skate; she needed my hand.
Christi was always very hesitant on the ice, unlike her little sister (Shayla) who really just took off on her own.
Shayla's first time on the ice, Jan. 2004. It's hard to believe she was ever that little.
Shayla was surprised to see how little she was in these pictures.
This year's ice skating lessons started last week. Shayla is so happy to be back on the ice. We also went to a family skate session over the weekend. We learned she now needs more than the inexpensive skates from the sporting goods store so we went to a new/used skating store in Findlay - thanks to a fine recommendation a year ago from a "blogger" telling me about that store.
Unfortunately, they did not have any used skates for Shayla, but we bought her a new pair. It's amazing the technology in skates. They were molded to fit her feet, then put in an "oven" then she had to wear them around the store for a while to mold to her feet. She loves them - and they're really a step up from what Santa brought her two years ago. The store owners think these will fit her for two years too; I hope so! They will also resell them for us when she's done with them. (Her old ones are currently on their shelves and they told me they'll sell.) Regardless, we learned a lot! That store is awesome! Shay Shay has no idea how grateful we are that she is blessed with good health and that she brings us such happiness.

Here's a little video clip of Shay practicing. Have a great week!!

10 Comments:

At 12/11/08 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi didn't look as comfortable as Shayla but they looked very cute! :) Wow Shayla, you're great at those spins! I've only ice skated once, maybe twice because I live in FL and we only have one ice rink around here but it's fun.

 
At 12/11/08 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Shay!! I love your skating dress too- what an awesome color!! Have fun with your new ice skates- they look great!

 
At 13/11/08 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla, you look so gorgeous! We were very impressed to see how talented you are on the ice. It is something that I have never, ever been able to master.

Thanks for sharing the pics and news.

Good afternoon from Australia....Michelle

 
At 13/11/08 2:03 AM, Blogger Sheila Ferrell said...

Oh, Shayla,
You are so cute! I am sure Christi is so proud of you. I know you always looked up to her as your big sister but I know she is amazed that you are so brave on the ice.
I still continue to pray for each of you and look forward to new updates. Christi was my first angel child and I will always cherish her compassion and strength. I see that same courage in every cancer child that I have the humble blessing to meet.
May every person experience the "Gold Rush" because every child deserves better treatment options. Gold Rush---because children get cancer, too!!
I proudly wear my gold ribbons each and every day. May FU-NB-06 be instrumental in finding a cure!
Love, hugs and golden kisses from South Texas, Sheila

 
At 13/11/08 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those photos of Shayla really capture her enthusiastic character! Thanks for sharing! Hope she finds this season as fun as last year's - and "well wear" for the new skates!

Irene

 
At 13/11/08 4:16 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I think it's wonderful that Shayla is taking skating lessons. What a great memory she'll have.

 
At 14/11/08 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How adorable!!! Shayla is doing great on the ice!


I thought of Shayla today, while reading another blog I frequent daily. http://thelifeofsuz.blogspot.com/

They are cute little quads, but the reason I thought of Shayla is because they recently went to see Sarah Brightman & have a video of her singing with Antonio Bandaras.

Have a great weekend!

Not sure why every other time Blogger takes my username & the other time it doesn't.
Lisa G
(LovinTimInMI0
Saginaw, MI

 
At 14/11/08 10:12 AM, Blogger susy said...

shayla skates very well !!!
its so bad that here in portugal we dont have ice skate rinks!!(just in christmas)




kisses

 
At 14/11/08 3:39 PM, Blogger Aimee Jackson said...

I LOVE ice skating! I haven't gone since I was a teenager. Maybe I'll see if there is a rink around here somewhere.

 
At 14/11/08 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a FUN blog post this was! Loved the video of Shayla! Looking good Shay! Adorable photos of Christi too. This brought back memories of my childhood in NY, when I'd skate every day in the winter time. Not much chance of it now living in Florida! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home