Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Congrats Sherry & Brent

Check out this beautiful bride! (She's even more beautiful on the inside!) While talking with her mother (Grandma Donna) last night at the reception she told me she doesn't know how she got such a compassionate, caring and thoughtful daughter. I thought to myself, "the apple didn't fall far from the tree!"

When we went Trick or Treating with "Grandma" Donna I told her with her daughter getting married in a matter of hours did she really want to do this. Without any hesitation she said, "You know Sherry. She's got everything all taken care of. I'm fine." And boy did she! What a FABULOUS wedding celebration it was last night! (Sherry wasn't around like usual on trick or treat night as she was running tuxes that didn't fit right back to the rental place. She had everything all worked out by the time they were needed!) Go, Sherry!

This mother of the bride is one of the sweetest and most amazing women on the planet! She's a fabulous role model and I want to grow up and be just like her! When we were waiting for the bride and groom to arrive at the hall I said to Shayla, "I really don't know too many people here. That's kind of odd." She said, "Mom, it's not like we're really Grandma's family. She just treats us like we are." I couldn't have said it better myself!

Although Shayne and Donna were working together at the bank, I first met Sherry at her High School graduation party in June of 1997 when Christi was just a few weeks old. That was also the day that I first met Katie and Donna, who were 1, at the time. Little did I ever know that they'd become such an important part of our lives and that they'd spend so much time together.

Cousin Will was checking out Sherry's cupcakes. The amazing Sherry made all of these awesome cupcakes for Christi's 7th (May 2004) birthday party. (I also love the bottom left side of this picture. To me it looks like a child is running by and scooping up one of Sherry's cupcakes! Precious!)

If I asked Shayla what her best "little girl" memories are I'm positive she'd say something about when "Grandma" Donna would baby sit while we were at work and the four girls would play, play, play, play. Without a doubt, Christi would cherish those special memories too. At the wedding last night, it was really "wild" to see little Donna and Katie, now both 12 years old and in the 7th grade. They looked like beautiful young ladies. Of course it made our hearts ache wondering what Christi would look like to and knowing that she would have had so much fun at the reception with them too. Shayla had a ball dance, dance, dancing with friends all night!
Fun Times! The annual Toledo Zoo trip, August 2005. (This ended up being our final trip as Christi was too sick in August of 2006 while taking 20 some fenritinide pills a day and I had to call Grandma Donna and cancel out on our planned zoo excursion.) Even though the girls grew up, went to school and no longer needed a babysitter during the day, they always loved getting together with Katie and little Donna. They'll always hold a special place in our hearts!

Katie and little Donna give their presents to Christi on her 5th birthday (May 2002) while Grandma Donna holds Shayla in the background.

The gang's all here! On the campus of Tiffin University at their Egg Hunt (now renamed the Christi Thomas Annual Egg Hunt). Spring 2001

The party was "good to the last drop"! As I drove us home, I knew Shayla was exhausted after dancing and playing for hours because when I pointed out the drop in gas prices typically she would said, "That's better. Do we need gas?" but last night she said, "I'd rather just go home now." Upon entering our home she went to hang up her shoes and I heard a crash. She was so tired she literally fell into the laundry basket after stepping back from hanging up her shoes! And then she sat there laughing and saying, "I'm just so tired." What a hoot! May God bless Sherry & Brent with a long life together filled with happiness and good health!

2 Comments:

At 2/11/08 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what fun photos Angela! Everyone should should be so lucky as to have a "Grandma" Donna in their lives! What a wonderful lady. I wish her daughter all the best in her newly married life!

 
At 2/11/08 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok i have to ask so parden me but why dou you hang up shoes?? ive heard of hanging coats etc but shoes?? sorry im a bit perplexed..smile

 

Post a Comment

<< Home