Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to Grandma Nonee


HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the World's Greatest Mom!

Dear Mom,

I wish we could be together today to celebrate our birthdays. I hope you're having a wonderful trip and we will see you very soon! Thank you very much for the birthday money you sent me. Like you suggested, I bought a new pair of skates at the used skate store in Findlay on Saturday. Believe it or not, they were sold as used for $10.00, but they are brand new and would have been about $40 at a sporting goods store! They'd never even been sharpened. That cracked me up as they sharpened them for free. (It's $10.00 to get them sharpened at the rink.) They may not be the fancy mold-to-your-feet kind Shayla has, but they are 100% better than the ones I'd been wearing. Oh, you remember those skates.....they were YOURS 30 years ago! And they served me well for many years too. Thanks, Mom! Would you like them back now?! Hee Hee! I hope Joe spoils you on your birthday too!

Love, Angela

P.S. Laura walked over a piece of chocolate cake last night for my birthday while I was at work. When I came in they told me what that sweetie did, but they also said she didn't think I'd be able to eat it all because it's so rich. I only laughed and said, "Now Laura knows me better than that!" It was absolutely delicious, but she was right. It was so rich I could not eat it all so I have left overs for tonight. Today one of the teachers (Ellen) is bringing a turtle cheesecake from Sam's Club to celebrate my birthday at lunch. (I'm thinking why wait until lunch....we're all there early. How about for breakfast?! Hee hee) I hope Christi gives you a little birthday surprise today: a beautiful sunrise, a stray animal cutting across your path, or something that makes you laugh. I'm going to be on the look out for my present from her today! Bye, mom!

PIC: Mom and Christi watching a movie during one of Christi's hospital stays at CHOP (Feb. 2006, age 8)

13 Comments:

At 19/11/08 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ANGELA, and to GRANDMA NONEE TOO!!! May you BOTH be blessed with many more happy, and healthy birthdays. Here's to hoping Christi finds all sorts of fun ways today to make herself known to both of you!

 
At 19/11/08 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to 2 beautiful ladies!!!

Lisa
LovinTimInMi

 
At 19/11/08 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Angela! Hope you have a wonderful day! (and your mom, too!)

 
At 19/11/08 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Angela! This is one of your former students who has the same birthday! :)

 
At 19/11/08 9:09 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Happy birthday to you and to your awesome mother!
Hope many blessings come your way today!

 
At 19/11/08 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a WONDERFUL woman! Hope your day is delightful.

p.s. I got my new 2 pair of glasses from ZenniOptical in the mail yesterday....thanks for the tip. They are great!
Amy Brown
Gleason, WI

 
At 19/11/08 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope its the happiest day ever!

 
At 19/11/08 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday angela and grandma Nonee - How old are you - 21 ??!! lol xxx I hope christi sends you both a lovely gift - Im sure she will !!! I hope you get spoiled by Shayne and Shayla today !!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU , HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU , HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ANGELA AND GRANDMA NONEE , HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !!! - Amber xxx p.s: that must be so cool to share your birthday with your mom !

 
At 19/11/08 1:34 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Angela and Nonee.

I hope you both have a wonderful day full of Christi surprises.

Hugs,
Olivia

 
At 19/11/08 4:13 PM, Blogger snekcip said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA NONEE AND ANGELA!!!! I'M MORE THAN SURE SWEET CHRISTI WILL SEND YOU BOTH A BEAUTIFUL SURPRISE!

 
At 19/11/08 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Angela! I hope you are having a lovely day - enjoy it.

Every best wish for health and happiness for you and yours over the next year.

Irene

 
At 20/11/08 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Angela and Grandma Nonee! I hope you both recieved your special signs from sweet Christi today.

 
At 20/11/08 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Angela! I hope your birthday was as special as you are?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home