Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Swiffer and the Spoof

Today I'm working hard on my dissertation and Shayla's reading and playing her wii, but we have had a small amount of drama. OK, enough drama to make us walk out of the vet's office and break down in our van crying that Shayla's bunny probably isn't going to pull out of this. He has pasteurellosis and pneomonia with lung lessions. His breathing isn't right. Currently, Shayla is nursing him - IN MY KITCHEN! Frankly, I could care less, I just hope he lives! The ground out in the backyard still seems fresh from burying Mia (her deceased guinea pig) in August. Shayla loves that little bunny and isn't ready to turn him over to Christi yet. Christi named him Swiffer, but I want to keep him here with Shayla if possible. I keep telling myself there are kids dying in hospitals right now, this isn't a big deal, but I'm still down.

We did the unthinkable. We took Shayla to see Heidelberg's performance of "High School NON-Musical" - a spoof on "High School Musical". Because Shayla takes dance three nights a week at Heidelberg she had been noticing the posters advertising the students' play.
She didn't come right out and say she wanted to go, but I'd walk with her past the posters and she'd comment about it. I didn't think I could take her alone, knowing it was so close to "the end" for Christi, so I was grateful when Shayne said he'd like to go too.
I'm so glad we all went. The play was absolutely hilarious. (Christi would have rolled with laughter!) I loved sitting beside Shayla listening to her constant laughs when she'd catch one of the many humorous parts. I continue to be amazed at the high-quality productions Heidelberg puts on, all for only a few dollars for a public ticket, typically with MANY open seats. We are so fortunate!

4 Comments:

At 26/11/08 12:58 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Shayla's bunny- I will pray that he will make it.

Sending Shayla much love and many (((HUGS))). I'm sure you are taking awesome care of your bunny sweetheart- you are so loving and caring.

Lots of love,
Heather

 
At 26/11/08 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun! Heidelberg sounds like a great community- not only for the students but for future students as well! Wow, what a blessing & I am glad you were able to enjoy it.

 
At 26/11/08 9:51 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

I am so very sorry to hear about Swiffer. That has to be so difficult. Please give Shayla a big hug for me!

Loads of love to you all,
Olivia

 
At 26/11/08 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla looks so much like Angela! Wow, she is growing up so quickly!

It's hard not to imagine what Christi would like as a near teenager.

Swiffer is in our thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home