Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Shaylauary

Shaylauary started off with a surprise! On the "eve" of Shayluary, we went to Grandma Nee Nee's condo. Aunt V and her grandson flew from Arizona to Ohio to help Nee Nee with her new hip and they planned a surprise party for Shayla since they won't be here for the real day. Too sweet. The party featured a meatloaf shaped in the letter "S" (Shayla loves meatloaf.) and they also had a cake. She loved the snorkel set we bought her and had a ball playing in the snow with her aunt, daddy and Kristopher.

This morning found Shayla and Shayne out in the snow playing. She also had her first 3R 4H meeting for the year and really enjoyed that. This afternoon was a time for sledding with Aunt V and Kristopher and then the four of them did exactly what I was dreading, not that I didn't want them to do it at all - I did, I just knew I couldn't make myself do that. (Remember, I'm the coward who hasn't been able to order her cemetery plaque yet.) The four of them went out to the cemetery to build a snowman at Christi's grave. Talk about ripping out my heart, I just wish she could be back here like she was not too long ago. Shayne said Shayla "talked with Christi" and Kristopher didn't want Christi to be cold. My tears would have just turned into icicles on my cheeks had I gone along. I stayed back and worked on lesson plans instead. (See pictures below of better places for playing in the snow. I just realized Shay now wears the coat Christi was wearing.)

Snow Memories of Past Years: The Girls Playing in the Snow with their Incredible Daddy
Good Times, Great Memories! So glad I have these pictures!

4 Comments:

At 1/2/09 11:29 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Thinking of you and sending many hugs, Angela!

 
At 2/2/09 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Shaylauary! It's snowing in England too - though not quite enough to make a snowman!

Irene

 
At 2/2/09 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Shaylauary Shayla!!! Wishing you a FABULOUS FEBRUARY!

 
At 3/2/09 10:40 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Cool meatloaf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home