Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Congrats to Tiffany! Yesterday I was setting up for her reception while Shayla was playing at a new school friend's house. When Shayla said, "Why can't I go to Tiffany's party? I went to Kelsey's. Tiffany will feel bad if I went to her sister's and not hers," I was surprised that Shayla even wanted to go. Thankfully, the graduation ran later than I expected and Shayla was able to do both. BEST WISHES to the new graduate! Without a doubt, she will continue to do great things for others! Tiffany has the biggest heart, what a sweetie!

2002: Family Bike Ride. It's hard to believe Shayla was ever so little. Now she just hops on her bike and rides.

This little gal is so talented and sweet; she always makes me proud. God has richly blessed her! Gooooo, Shayla! (PIC: Weekend Ski Trip in Colorado, Jan 2009)Shayla has apologized many times in recent days because my Mother's Day gift isn't finished. (All week Shayne brought her home from the theatre close to 11PM. I still don't know how she did it.) I've reassured her many times that every day is a wonderful mother's day because she is the perfect gift in my life. I'm looking forward to watching her ride Skeeter this afternoon at the barn. That will be a great gift. I'm always so proud of her and amazed that she can do that when I'm very uneasy around horses myself. I love watching her ride. Thank God for Shayla, my perfect mother's day gift!

I "rediscovered" this last week while going through what I think is the last of the "Christi Things". I just think she was soooooooo cute! She loved going to preschool and she loved her wonderful teachers so much! I always enjoyed picking her up and talking with her teachers. They were awesome ladies! (Photo taken about 12 weeks before being diagnosed with cancer. I still can't get over how great she looked and acted. What a shock the evil cancer monster is!)
Christi looks so happy in the canoe with her Great Aunt Marty (my Godmother). Happy Mother's Day to an AWESOME Godmother! Was there any wonder why I wanted Shayla's Godmother to be the same great one I had?! She rocks! (While they were in the river in the canoe, Aunt Marty leaned over and scooped up that big fish! Christi thought it was wonderful. We had little Shayla with us in our canoe that day. We need to canoe with Marty & Jeff again sometime soon. Great memories!)
With love and misses to my mom and to Christi today, Mother's Day! Mom is (finally, cough) home from Florida and is spending Mother's Day at my sister's. I'm just so glad they are now back in the Buckeye state and I was able to spend an evening with them this week! (Photo taken shortly before diagnosis, 2002)

Christi was born the day after Mother's Day in 1997 so this is an especially emotional time for me. My deepest thanks for the sweet sweet people who totally caught me off guard by sending cards yesterday. Thank you for kindness and thoughtfulness!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all mothers and to all who long to be mothers!

11 Comments:

At 10/5/09 8:49 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Thinking of you on this bitter-sweet day.
Megan in NC

 
At 10/5/09 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela,

Happy Mother's Day to one of the best moms around that I happen to know! My thoughts are with you today, as always.

All the best.

 
At 10/5/09 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what a great job Shayla did in the play! Loved seeing that clip of her! I know you're missing your sweet Christi, more than ever this week, and may it bring some comfort knowing prayers are being said for you, Shayne, and Shayla--extra prayers this week, for sure.
I know exactly what you mean about special Godmothers -- you know my sweet Aunt Joyce was just like your Aunt Marty...the best godmother...and so I knew I wanted her to also be my sons godmother. Not being able to buy her a mother's day card today brought tears to my eyes in the Hallmark store :( Cancer is so horrendous!!!

 
At 10/5/09 2:10 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Loads of love to you today, Angela. I am thinking of you most especially today. Shayla and Christi are blessed to have you as their mother.

Many hugs,
Olivia

 
At 11/5/09 12:53 PM, Blogger Theresa Shirley said...

Angela,
I don't know if I've ever posted before, (if I have, it's been a long time). However, I read your blog everyday, and love to read about your sweet family. I just wanted to thank you for sharing your lives with us. I feel like I know you! I will be thinking of you, and praying for your family in the days ahead as Christi's birthday comes around. I can't even imagine what your heart must feel. But--just know that there are a bunch of us out here that love you, and are thinking about all of you!
Much love from Georgia,
Theresa Shirley

 
At 12/5/09 2:50 AM, Blogger Campagnette said...

Happy Birthday dear Christi. I always miss you, I don't know why. You are like a little sister, but no, Shayla is your only sister, I am not but in Jesus we are like sisters, that's why my heart blood today.

No, my heary blood because in Paradise you have no photograph and you don't want to send us a photo of your birthday party with angels.
What are you doing at this time ? Are you singing ? Opening your presents... sure you have many presents, God can give you what He want. But I wonder : if God gives you a huge gift, how is the packing ?

Why don't you have a blog in Paradise ? Sure you have more interesting things to do.

Enjoy with God dear Christy. I offer you my prayer for all your family.

 
At 12/5/09 2:57 AM, Blogger Campagnette said...

"my heary blood"... no ! who will be able to understand what I say ?
"my heart bleeds". When I miss somebody, my heart bleeds.

Thank you once again google translator.
(what if I wrote in Latin ?)

 
At 12/5/09 6:03 AM, Blogger kate523 said...

Thinking of your family on Christi's birthday. Happy Birthday Angel Christi!

 
At 12/5/09 9:22 AM, Blogger Sheila Ferrell said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Christi! I pray that heaven's cake is divine and that you can visit your mommy, daddy and Shayla while they are sleeping. They miss you so much, sweetpea! We know that Heaven is even more beautiful with you there. I am sure that God enjoys how gorgeous you dance for Him.
I am going to send prayers so that God can watch over your family this special day; will you make sure He gets them?
Love, hugs and birthday candle kisses from South Texas, Sheila

 
At 12/5/09 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of Christi and your family today. I bet she's having a grand birthday party in Heaven with the King! I don't comment often, but do follow your story. Thank you for being so open. Reading about Christi- and the way you continue to really live your lives with passion and joy even though she's passed- inspires me in my own challenges in life.
Thank you. By sharing Christi's story, you have made a difference in my life.
With deep gratitude,
Jenna in Canada

 
At 12/5/09 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Christ. Almost a teenager in Heaven. May you have a great day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home