Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Name That Animal - any guesses?

Curious Skeeter! Shayne emailed me these pictures from his phone last night because he took Shayla to the barn and I stayed back to work on my dissertation. I could not figure out the little animal pictures here until Shayne later told me what she ran into while she was out riding.
It is so cute! Any guesses?
Yesterday I spent the day in a meeting at BGSU. This is truly a longtime dream come true! My office isn't totally finished, (I do have a bright orange lamp complete with feather boa to add!). I added more family pictures and "stuff" and I like it much better now. I decided to decorate in orange and brown - BGSU's colors. Go, Falcons!
I still keep pinching myself thinking, "This can't be true?!" Yesterday I also learned one of my former kindergarten students, who later moved to another school, is going to BGSU in the fall! While I haven't seen her for years, I do remember her coming to Christi's visitation at the funeral home, very touching. Little does she know that one day I will drop off flowers for her at her dorm - from her old kindergarten teacher.

15 Comments:

At 14/7/09 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it a groundhog?

Cindy Wright
Tennessee

 
At 14/7/09 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing a groundhog?!

Total office envy - love it - and also have total envy of your collection of children's books - fabulous.

At the weekend I re-bought (as my own are at home) editions of Arthur Ransome's Swallows and Amazon books. Was just thinking that I was about Shayla's age when I first read them - perhaps as she's an outdoorsy kind of girl she might enjoy them now too (though could just make her put pressure on Shayne to get her a boat!). No horses in them though...

Irene

 
At 14/7/09 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it a muskrat? I think that is what they are called...

 
At 14/7/09 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too easy, that's a ground hog. Tell Shayla to be careful out in that field, if there are ground hogs, there are ground hog holes that can be dangerous if Skeeter would fall/trip over one

 
At 14/7/09 4:40 PM, Anonymous Leslie Latshaw said...

Is it a woodchuck?

 
At 14/7/09 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, armadillo? Just a wild guess!

Kara

 
At 14/7/09 7:26 PM, Blogger tulip said...

My first guess was a badger...but it doesn't seem to have the "mask" across it's face. So my next guess is a groundhog.

 
At 14/7/09 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guess is a Chinchilla (sp?)

 
At 14/7/09 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like a groundhog/woodchuck.

 
At 14/7/09 8:43 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Having a former kindergarten student at BGSU. Too funny!

As for the animal, I am going to take a stab in the dark and guess possum.

 
At 15/7/09 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I'm not mistaken that little critter in the picture is a young groundhog or, as some call them, a whistle pig.

 
At 15/7/09 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a grey squirrel? Or an opossum? Well, at least I am sure that this is not an elephant!

Amazing, by the way, that Skeeter seems to stay so calm - my horse was once sooooo scared of a very dangerous and threatening baby-hedgehog, hee hee!

All the best, Charlotte

 
At 15/7/09 6:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I guess a badger...

 
At 15/7/09 7:20 AM, Blogger SuziQCat said...

I'm voting for a groundhog.

 
At 15/7/09 9:12 PM, Blogger Team Russi said...

Skeeter is really a beautiful animal. I'm so glad Shayla has the opportunity to be a "horse person". She looks like a natural!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home