Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, December 25, 2009

Rejoice! Our Savior is Born!

"Was Santa here?" Shayla's down the stairs and ready to find out!

Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given"






Christi may not have been here, but her cat (Buckeye) was enjoying the Christmas morning festivities.









Cuddling with my little sweetie! She had a wonderful Christmas! She's spending her afternoon with her new toys. She especially likes the remote control helicopter that is now flying all over our living room. For the first time ever, she was thrilled to receive clothes for Christmas gifts.









It's still tough to see just one stocking filled. Shayla was happy with her little prizes in her snowman stocking yet I couldn't shake the fact that the other matching stocking hung flat and lifeless from the mantle. I know I must be thankful - and I am - that there was one filled. Too many of our friends have lost their only child to cancer.

Christi's last winter of life (2006) was a very tough one for her - many nights of hospital stays, severe treatments, lots of horrific pain and too many days separated from family and friends by hundred of miles. A sweet point was the many "strangers" who befriended Christi and sent her little treats. She especially liked some warm (and oh so soft) socks some sweet lady (I wish I could remember who) mailed her. Christi really liked those pairs of socks (and I feel guilty I never once wrote a thank you note to anyone during her 4 years of treatment and her funeral yet I justified it at the time by thinking, "No one is sending anything to receive a thank you. They just want to share their love for Christi." And I did not want to take any precious time away from enjoying her by writing thank you notes. Times were also very scary financial. Shayne was unemployed for 2 1/2 of those four years and much of it was spent living on my part time teacher salary.) ANYWAY.....because I wanted Christi to be a part of our Christmas I am wearing one of her favorite pairs of socks today! I've worn these pairs of socks, during the winter, each year since she died. It might sound crazy for me to say they make me feel close to her, but really they do! Merry CHRISTICHRISTMAS, Christi (as I used to joke with her)! May you be enjoying your day with the real Birthday Boy while I try to live my life in a way that will get me there too!

4 Comments:

At 25/12/09 4:56 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Those DO look like comfy socks...no wonder they were a favorite of Christi's! And you're right - nobody thought anything of it not getting a thank you after sending something. We all just love your girl and your family!

Merry Christmas Thomas Team - love you!

PS - My grandma brought up Christi while we were opening presents today. My heart soared! She is so very missed.

 
At 28/12/09 9:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have been following your site for years....

My son Tommy also got a remote control helicopter. Our cat Angelica loves it! Or would love to capture it!! LOL!!

Hope that you all had a great Christmas!!

Pam Porter
Cumming, GA
pamelaporter77@yahoo.com

 
At 28/12/09 3:16 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

 
At 28/12/09 3:40 PM, Anonymous Kathy DaDalt said...

Hi Angela,
I love the pictures you posted of Shayla. I appreciate that you still admit that the holidays are tough without Christi. This was our first one without Jonathan and it was tough. Do you find it hard when people don't mention Christi? The relatives on my husband's side totally ignored the fact that it might have been difficult for me. I think they were afraid I'd cry or that they would get too emotional. At least my family allowed me to grieve. We do have two children here on earth, Alyssa who's 9 and our unexpected baby Benjamin who is now 9 months. I know that other children do make it helpful but there is no replacing the children we've lost. Thanks for keeping up this blog and letting me know that things will be OK.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home