Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Back to Work

After an amazing holiday break, I'm now back on campus trying to nurture aspirations and cultivate minds. In an effort to make myself "human" to my students and not as "the professor who just handed out a 25 page syllabus", I shared with my students a few pictures of myself (20 years ago) when I was taking the exact same class at BGSU I am now teaching at BGSU "Language Arts Methods".

In just a matter of weeks, they will be out in their assigned placements full-time, teaching and I will be supervising. These pictures show my BGSU "Methods Placement" in a fifth grade classroom in the Toledo Public Schools. Truly, it seems like yesterday (and was that really 35 pounds ago?! Yikes. I must start my diet soon.).

I don't know what my students' long term goals are, but I hope they know they can count on me to help them get where they want to go. I've had too many amazing teachers, professors and friends guide me over countless years not to want to help others as I've been assisted. I'm here to give back!

Go, Falcons! Let's work really hard and have a great spring semester!

1 Comments:

At 16/1/10 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I see these photos I am reminded of what a successful career you've had Angela. You're such an inspiration to so many, myself included, in so many ways. Your students are so fortunate to have you as their teacher and mentor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home