Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A New Little Nugget

In chatting with a neighbor yesterday about a mutual friend undergoing chemo and dealing with hair loss, she told me about an incident that happened with her daughter (younger than Christi) when the two girls were playing together at her house in the summer before Christi died. I'd never heard it before and it made me chuckle. She said the girls were playing and her daughter said, "Christi! Your hair! It's gone!" She said Christi laughed and said, "It's been gone for quite a while; you just noticed?!" Too funny! I LOVE when I learn some new little "nugget" about Christi that I never knew before. I know one day those will all be gone, but I really do think of them as little kisses from Christi. Like yesterday, going through Shayla's old shirts and coming across some that Christi wore too. I couldn't part with them. I just couldn't do it. (PHOTO: Summer 2006, Christi, 9)

I'm going to share a poem below that sums up so much for us. I hope you have a wonderful new year!

The Mention of Her Name
(Author Unknown)

The mention of my Child's name
May bring tears to my eyes,
But it never fails to bring
Music to my ears.

If you are really my friend,
Let me hear the beautiful music of her name.
It soothes my broken heart
And sings to my soul.

5 Comments:

At 30/12/09 4:59 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Simply beautiful! Peace to you and yours in the new year!

 
At 30/12/09 10:46 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

Huge, huge hugs to you, Angela! Christi's name will never be forgotten. And, I promise to never stop saying it.

Olivia

 
At 31/12/09 5:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That poem made me cry. How appropriate it is, unfortunately, for you. I think it's amazing and so neat how you continue to get your Christi "nuggets", and I pray they continue to come for many, many years. That little girl was WAY too special and made WAY too much of an impression on this earth to have it any other way!

 
At 2/1/10 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, she was just one of those people, who are too beautiful for this world.
May god bless you and your family,

Love,
Reem

 
At 4/1/10 5:28 PM, Blogger Anita said...

I read your beautiful blog from Spain. Your family is an example of life. God bless you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home