Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, January 08, 2010

Keystone, Colorado - ski trip!


Last January we twice gave up our seats coming back from Los Angeles when our flights were overbooked. We went to NYC for Thanksgiving with one of the free sets of tickets; and in June (after I saw my new work schedule and that I didn't have to be back to BGSU until mid-January) we booked the other set of free plane tickets for another ski trip to Keystone, Colorado. We had a wonderful family vacation last January, but it was just too short so this year we took off on Tuesday and will return home on Sunday.

Shayne and Shayla have been actively skiing morning, afternoon and some nights. I've done a ton of writing and reading for my job in this amazing condo we rented from Shayne's cousin, so no one could be any happier. We are tremendously blessed! I will try to upload a couple of video clips, but that doesn't always work out for me. If I'm successful, they are very short and are of Shayla skiing.

Shayne and Shay ready to catch the gondola up the mountain.
They took me up the gondola, 11,444 feet, for an incredible dinner last night. What an experience we had at "Der Fondue Chessel".
Posing with skis by the Summit House - up the mountain.
Acting like "Rock Stars" instead of the true "Rock Crushers" they are (hee hee)!


TO BLOGGER TINA:
Yes, I'd be happy to suggest a list of books for your 15 year old regarding the Holocaust. Please email me at zzartset@bright.net

3 Comments:

At 8/1/10 1:12 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I love the first picture! Looks like a great time!

 
At 8/1/10 2:34 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Okay I LOVE the first picture...it looks like so much fun! (But I'm with you Angela, way too cold for me!)

 
At 10/1/10 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my sons spent 10 days in keystone last year and loved it so much he wants to move there! I'm so glad you're having a great time and had the opportunity for this vacation! Awesome!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home