Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

4th Annual Christi Thomas Memorial Scholarship Given at Heidelberg


I didn't think I'd cry. I've sat through Heidelberg's Awards Ceremonies now on four different Aprils. Why when I see Lori standing there presenting the award on behalf of our family, do tears start welling up? A glance at Shayne let me see he reacted the exact same way. I'm so lucky to have him as he squeezed my hand tight, letting me know he was right there beside me.


It was nice to meet this year's $1,000 scholarship recipient, Katie, after the ceremony yesterday afternoon. She is a fine recipient and we wish her the very best in finishing her Senior year and in starting her career as a teacher soon after. Congratulations, Katie!



Because of so many worthy applicants this year, we added four additional $100 "book scholarships" to help pay for fall textbooks for Sarah, Krystie, Jenna and Jessi. Best wishes, ladies!




On Thursday after lunch I put a new yellow bow on Christi's tree, planted outside of the Education Department on the campus of Heidelberg University. The lawn had just been moved so I brushed the grass off of her pretty little face and added the fresh new bow. Heidelberg - a wonderful place with amazing people! Go Berg!

7 Comments:

At 17/4/10 7:40 PM, Blogger Team Russi said...

Christi's scholarship is such a wonderful way to honor your daughter. The books scholarships sound great, too. College funding is tough so every dollar helps.

Shayla looks so pretty with her new hairstyle.

Best regards,
Jenny

 
At 18/4/10 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the recipients. I am always amazed at sweet Shayla, too. What a special young lady she is, always ready with a smile and a beautiful photograph.

 
At 18/4/10 8:19 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

I am constantly inspired by how you share Christi's spirit with others. Thinking of you all!

Love,
Olivia

 
At 18/4/10 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for my $100 scholarship, I am one of the recipients and it is very much appreciated! I read your blog often and was patiently waiting to hear about the scholarship :) your family is so good to so many people, kudos to you!

 
At 18/4/10 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for my $100 scholarship, I am one of the recipients and it is very much appreciated! I read your blog often and was patiently waiting to hear about the scholarship :) your family is so good to so many people, kudos to you!

 
At 20/4/10 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of all the Thomas Team on Christi's angel-versary. Christi is definetly not forgotten! Love to all of you. x

 
At 24/4/10 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela, I'm sorry that those types of situations are still so very painful for you. I think that Shayne probably feels the same way; lucky to have you standing right there beside him!
What I was really wanting to comment on though is how old Shayla looks standing on the stage next to Dr. Grine. What a beautiful young lady she is growing into and the little outfit she had on was simply adorable as well. Thank you for continuing to share your life with all of us. Even though I rarely post, I so enjoy being able to watch from a distance as Shayla grows up.

Deb Mathy
Green Bay, WI

 

Post a Comment

<< Home