Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Christi Thomas Tiffin University Egg Hunt & "No Snow" Day

20002006


The 4th Annual Christi Thomas Egg Hunt at Tiffin University will be held on Wednesday, March 31st at 3:30 pm. It is a free event for the community and we are happy to sponsor it in Christi's memory. We love her so much and don't get to spend any money on her so we are happy to share where we can, with things she loved! Bring your basket and join us on campus! We hope to see you there!


I was quite surprised when the phone rang at 5:45 am on Friday. It was the school informing us of a two hour delay. Shayne was in Houston so I had to quickly come up with a "Plan B" because I had to teach two morning classes up at BG. Thankfully, a neighbor down the road said she could take her to school, she was taking her daughter anyway. On the one mile trek to their home my new little car was really sliding even though I wasn't going over 25. I dropped Shayla off, but said I couldn't imagine they would have school and that I might very well turn around and come back for her, but I was going to try it. As I drove just a couple of miles I remembered my lunch conversation with Jennifer just two days ago. She was telling me that students really don't mind when professors cancel class and that I shouldn't risk my life to do so. I told her I was afraid to ever cancel because my students might question my commitment or dedication.

Then I saw an accident and flashing lights and thought, "I don't need to try to make the rest of my 45 mile commute. My students will forgive me." I turned around, came home, received word Shay's school was cancelled for the day so I emailed my students and gave them a 30 minute video clip to watch and questions to respond to, called my two students who don't live in Bowling Green, had my secretary post a sign outside my classroom down and I was walking back out the door to go get Shayla when they called to see if Shayla could spend the day. She was so happy about that and she was so happy to finally get "Snow Day #4" (even if the ice was melted by 11:30 and it really wan't a "Snow Day") and she's now on Spring Break for a whole week plus a day. Ahhhh! She's soooooooooo happy about that!

2 Comments:

At 28/3/10 5:30 AM, Blogger Millie said...

Hi there,

I know we've never met but I wanted to say 'thank you' for writing such an inspiring, harrowing, thought provoking and empowering blog. As I battle my own battles with Cancer and Chemotherapy I feel thankful that it looks as though I will make it.

Reading this blog from start to finish (having only food it early hours of this morning) I've laughed, smile and shed more tears that I have in a long time.

Christi, if you're reading this, I admire you greatly and I wish you peace and happiness.

I'm 20, from the UK, sending positive vibes and love your way.

Millie

 
At 28/3/10 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Angela, I'm so glad you made the decision to turn back! And so glad Shayla ended up having such a fun "snow" day with her friend. Awesome too that Tiffin's egg hunt in Christi's memory is being done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home