Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter 2010

Christi's Last Easter (2006) with her great aunt Mary

I had not been able to return to my aunt's for Easter since Christi's death. Christi (and Shayla) always LOVED going to aunt Mary's for dinner. (She has the greatest egg hunt!) One of my last great memories was of Christi's Easter, spring 2006. My sister was up and we hunted eggs at my house on Saturday, they stayed over. We went to church togehter and then to aunt Mary's for lunch. Sometimes I still find it's best to avoid situations that bring me down, but quite frankly, I've missed my cousins terribly so I emailed my aunt and asked if we could be invited. I told her I thought I was finally ready. I'm so glad I did. She claims she was happy to have us and it was FABULOUS to spend precious time with each of my cousins. (I'm blessed to have many.) Sadly, Shayla had a ball with cousins she didn't even know she had. I feel terrible about taking her away from that while I mustered up the courage to get through the holidays by putting myself out of town. Time has helped. Things are better - not to say I don't miss Christi terribly, but it is easier.

Tiny Christi getting eggs and prizes from Aunt Mary - wow!

2005 - Aunt Mary's Egg Hunt (Christi & Shelby) Go, Girls, Go!
It WONDERFUL to visit with my grandma (She's 90!) and my beautiful cousins today. What a lovely one - temps again in the mid 70s. Ahhh!
The annual egg hunt. Shayla was happy to get to hide the eggs with a cousin. (She's so big, wink)



Shayla loved her Easter prizes. (The wwi fit plus game she received insulted Shayne, but it is fun! I'm not a video game person at all, but I could see how others could really get into them.)

The annual stairs pic (2005)
Shay (2010) Annual Stairs Pic (Ready to collect eggs)

Side of the House Egg Pick Up (annual pic)

Christi, 1999, Easter morning!

Christi, hunting for Easter eggs on Easter morning.

6 Comments:

At 5/4/10 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think of your family so often. Please never stop updating. We miss Christi terribly and will always do so! Shayla is so beautiful! Glad you had a happy Easter with family.

 
At 5/4/10 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often think about Shayla's words about hope and Easter at this time. You have all been on my mind and I prayed for Christi during my Easter ceremonies.

Irene

 
At 6/4/10 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I"m glad you went and celebrated at your Aunt Mary's and that Shayla had "cousin time". Happy Easter Thomas family!

 
At 9/4/10 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! There's a fundraiser for NB research going on at this website: http://www.lisaleonardonline.com/blog/

Don't hear enough about NB research, so thought of you when I saw it.

 
At 9/4/10 2:02 PM, Blogger snekcip said...

Shayla looks so grownup in these pics! She is just so beautiful! As always LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pics of Christi!! What a dollbaby!!!

 
At 10/4/10 8:21 AM, Anonymous Sean said...

I agree, never stop updating this blog! I am in such awe at the strength of your family, and so happy to read about all of your successes. It really is an inspiration in tough times.

Thank you!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home