Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Christi's 5th Angelversary

The day we've been dreading (the 5th anniversary of Christi's death) will be here tomorrow. Shayla will have a morning appointment to be fitted for braces. Shayne and I will do something, but we've yet to decide what we will do. I don't want to go to the cemetery; it's so hard and I know she's not there but in a much better place. We miss her terribly!
I was thrilled when Shayne's cousin sent me these two pictures a few weeks ago. I'd not seen them before, but I remember that family event. She told me Christi was not feeling well that day and I can now see that in these pictures.
Be well, Christi and FLY until we are together again!

6 Comments:

At 18/9/11 9:16 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I'll be thinking of your family tomorrow. <3

 
At 18/9/11 12:06 PM, Blogger Olivia said...

I am thinking of you, Angela. Huge, huge, huge hugs.

Christi is always in my thoughts. You all are.

Love,
Olivia

 
At 18/9/11 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was wondering if you could post some pics of christi when she had that beautiful short hair :) she looked so adorable

 
At 18/9/11 3:24 PM, Blogger jo said...

Dear Thomas Family, I have been re-reading Christi's journal and was aware of this date coming up for you and how hard it must be. Please know I will be praying for you tomorrow and always.
with much love
jo (uk) x

 
At 18/9/11 3:37 PM, Blogger jo said...

Dear Angela, Something else I have been thinking about but didn't know whether to share it with you , but have decided I will after celebrating my youngest daughter's 5th birthday this week. You may not want to publish this on your blog but I don't know your email address.
When each of my children were born, I had long difficult deliveries and always stayed in the hospital for a few days following their births. In that very special new mum time when I am unable to sleep, I have held each of my babies against my chest and prayed for all mums everywhere and for children entering and leaving the world. I was always aware that while I was experiencing such happiness, others may be experiencing loss and sadness. So Martha was born May 10th 1997 and Grace was born 15th September 2006. That means I was praying for you and Christi when she was born and again when she passed away. It sent shivers down my spine and that thought has given me a real connection and love for your family. I hope you get through tomorrow alright and that you will have some sweet moments along with the bittersweet ones.
love jo (uk) x

 
At 18/9/11 9:37 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Love to you always and especially tomorrow. I can't believe it's been five years. Please know I think of her so often and she lives in my heart forever.

Love,
Holly Hart
Katy, TX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home