Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

With love and prayers for our east coast friends.  This is horrific!  I'm so, so sorry!  I hope you are all safe, despite the crushing weather and aftermath of the storm.  May God keep you safe in the palm of His hand as only He can.  Angela

1 Comments:

At 30/10/12 9:52 AM, Anonymous Jewls said...

Hi Angela - I'm sure you've heard Taylor Swift's "Ronan" song in honor of Ronan Thompson? Do you know Maya and the Ronan Thompson Foundation? What great work they are doing in raising awareness of childhood cancer. I've recently stumbled across Maya's blog and read (in older posts) that she knows Penelope's parents. This made me think of you and Shane. I'm one of your readers from Ashland, Ohio. I'm really not sure why I'm commenting now (please don't post this rambling nonsense - ha!) but I've been seeing more and more childhood cancer awareness stuff lately in terms of Ronan's song and then Maya's recent interview on the Katie Couric show. It always reminds me of your Christi, this awful, awful, disease and how much it needs to be stopped! I guess I just wanted to say that I often think of you and your family even though we've never met and am inspired by families like yours and the Thompson's that have taken the worst thing imaginable - losing a child - and fought to make a difference out of it all. Thanks for all your work not only on behalf or raising awareness/funds for childhood cancer, but also just for being an example of how to continue living after the unimaginable happens. I cannot imagine the depths of your pain, but somehow, day by day, you and Shane make the choice to keep living, stay together, honor and cherish Shayla, and live a life that will end in you reuniting with Christi in Heaven. At any given moment, you could have chosen to do any one of those things completely differently and would have had every right to do so. Thank you for your strength and faith. I hope there is momentum in combating this God-awful disease and finally...FINALLY...people will start to pay attention.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home