Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Admitted at CHOP (3 South, Oncology)


As you can see from the pictures, the waterpark was absolutely, positively fantastic! To say that we had a glorious time is an understatement! It was very hard to leave this morning.

Upon our drive to the airport, Shayne and I glanced back and saw Christi curled up in her seat with her eyes shut and with a single tear streaming down her face. She didn't want to talk about it, but it is of my opinion that she's old enough now to know what she's missing. When Shayla and I hopped out at the airport tears literally gushed out of my eyes and I held and sobbed into this little girl's beautiful bald head. I know how much she wants to attend what should be her final week of school too. This week and the following one will be anything, but pleasant and it's going to be gut-wrenching to be away from her when I know she needs my comfort and love.

Thankfully, they are checked into a room on 3 South, oncology. This will allow us to use the web cams so that I can at least see her and everything happening in her room. That will help comfort me.

Sweet Sylvia and her beautiful daughter, Michelle, caught us at the aiport. It was so nice to finally meet these amazing prayer warrior in person! When I heard my name being paged I thought something fell through since we were only flying "stand by" but instead it was a very sweet surprise!

My deepest thanks to Jane for driving Shayla and I home from the airport this afternoon! Shayla only chatted a little bit before sleeping the rest of the journey. I'm so glad as it was absolutely wonderful to finally catch up with Jane.

1 Comments:

At 21/5/06 10:21 PM, Blogger Candy said...

To say that you are in my thoughts and prayers this evening is an understatement. I will be sending good thoughts and warm hugs Christi's way tomorrow as she begins this next treatment. May God hold her in the palm of His hand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home