Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Buzzards & Broken Things

CHRISTI & KAYLA
Photo by Aunt Marty, taken June 19, 2006








It was a lovely afternoon. I knew Shayla was happy at a friend's home, Christi's having the time of her life at my sister's and I was driving home from campus. What could possibly go wrong?

I drove down the hill- in Shayne's truck, and I saw them. Buzzards! Feasting upon, what else? Roadkill, gross! (See; we do live in the middle of no man's land!) I let off the gas assuming the big birdies would up and fly off and then it hit me- NO! They're going to hit me! Sure enough, one of them did. CRASH! Right into Shayne's windshield smashing it (not good- and I won't mention what happened to the poor buzzard).

Since I've been home, I've been trying to get it fixed. Shayne handled it all like a trooper; however, I didn't mention the fact I still don't have a vehicle of my own and I have to be back in Cinci. again tomorrow. Our sweet neighbor, who happens to sell cars for Buck Baumann Pontiac-Buick-GMC, is hard at work searching for a vehicle for me. (THANK YOU, DAVE!!!) He found my "old" van for me nine years ago and it was fabulous! Hopefully, he'll find something that will last me a very long time again. Last night I went up to the repair shop to get our belongings out of the van. I actually found it very sad; however, since it needs about $1,500 to try to fix it and we put that much into it not that long ago, it doesn't seem like the best decision right now so I sadly said, "goodbye and thank you".

Christi's situation puts everything in perspective so these "car problems" are only minor little situations that will soon work themselves out. Meanwhile, we pray for Christi's "situation" to improve somehow. I'm anxious to get back to my sister's to check on her for myself tomorrow and to learn what her blood counts will be come Friday afternoon.

P.S. Christi roared with laughter as she shouted back at me into the phone, "You hit a buzzard?! That's exactly what just happened in my Hank book:- "The Case of the Wounded Buzzard" (in book #14). At least she can see the humor in it all! What a blessing she is!

5 Comments:

At 28/6/06 7:32 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Oh my dear Angela,

I'm so sorry for another "car sitituation" to deal with. Poor thing! I'm glad you weren't hurt during the crash with the buzzards.

I'm praying for Christi's blood counts and as always for her healing here on earth!

I love you!

Lots of love, tons of prayers,
Heather

 
At 28/6/06 8:50 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Christi, it looks as if you and Kayla are having some fun! You are such a sweetie pie, bringing a smile to any situation!

Angela, two years ago we got rid of our big passenger van...we had it since Michele was not even a year old...20 years...many memories...camping, Penn State tailgates, Central Catholic tailgates, hauling the girls and all of their friends everywhere... so I'm relating....it's the memories. So I'm feeling your bit of sadness. : ) Now it's time to say the reliable Hail Mary prayer again...Hail Mary, full of grace, please send a reliable car to the front of the Thomas place! Amen. You will find a car!

We are all storming heaven for Christi's situation and hoping for nothing less than a miracle. Believe! love, sylvia xoxo

 
At 29/6/06 11:04 AM, Blogger nikki the red said...

some pretty gifts for christi!!

http://i3.tinypic.com/166nn76.gif

http://i3.tinypic.com/166nnt4.gif

http://i5.tinypic.com/166npuh.gif

 
At 29/6/06 11:12 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Sorry to hear of your car problems! Hopefully Dave will be able to help you out with this one.
Think about it this way...at least your cars didn't have these problems on the way to/from Philly! Right?

Praying for a miracle for Christi. I'll be watching for an update saying her platelets are up enough. They WILL come up!

Love, Jennifer

 
At 29/6/06 11:12 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

Sorry to hear of your car problems! Hopefully Dave will be able to help you out with this one.
Think about it this way...at least your cars didn't have these problems on the way to/from Philly! Right?

Praying for a miracle for Christi. I'll be watching for an update saying her platelets are up enough. They WILL come up!

Love, Jennifer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home