Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Here for a While...ugh

Today's Blood Counts:
0.4 white (ability to fight infection, or in this case lack of it)
11.8 hgb. (yesterdays' blood transfusion did that! Yes, nearly normal!)
17 platelets (to be transfuse tomorrow)
0 ANC (still neutripenic and not able to leave)

Christi continues to feel fabulous; I mean ABSOLUTELY TREMENDOUS!! We will see Dr. Maris tomorrow, not that it will change anything, but it's always great to see Dr. Maris! Today's oncologist said we could go home when her counts go up, most likely at the end of the week. Having Mrs. Smith with us has been delightful. I shall miss her very much when she heads to the airport with Shayla tomorrow.

Christi had a lengthy chat with her cousin, Shelby, today which was a highlight and spent time with Mrs. Smith while I walked back to Ronald to do all of our laundry and to go to the grocery store. Shayla returned from her wonderful weekend with the Grant's claiming, "I'd like to stay there for a year!" (Homemade pancakes for breakfast, a trip to Gigglesomethingorother, playing outside, who wouldn't?!) Thanks, Tim & Debbie! The four girls played for hours tonight at the hospital. While they literally went up and down the hospital hallways making "parades" complete with loud musical instruments borrowed from the playroom, I was finally able to sit and talk at length with Caroline and Debbie. It was incredibly refreshing!!

As soon as they left it hit me, I'm alone without a room at Ronald and without any help. I know I'll be okay; I can handle this as long as Christi continues to feel well, but an odd feeling came over me as I analyzed the stark contrast of having seven of us laughing and talking and then suddenly the noise was completely gone, and Christi and I stood holding hands peering out into the quiet, empty hallway. I could only hug her tight and say, "Let's call Daddy!!"

Tonight I'll end with both fabulous and horrendous news. Thanks to very generous donors, today Eric (Christi's wonderful and faithful Webmaster) reached his fundraising goal of $8,000 for the Children's Neuroblastoma Cancer Foundation (CNCF). We wish him well at his strenuous 100 mile biking adventure coming up soon. Be safe, Eric! We love you! http://ericcook.blogspot.com/

And sad doesn't even describe it. Another sweet gal, forever 7 1/2, became a tragic victim of neuroblastoma today. Kraleigh's family will forever mourn the loss of their precious child. Her compassionate father had contacted us regarding Christi this winter and then suddenly, his own precious daughter's NB took off again. We will never forget them reaching out to us. Kraleigh Grace will remain in our heart and prayers. http://www.kraleighgrace.com/index.htm

FRIDAY, JUNE 9th (11AM - 2PM) "Sip Lemonade and Take A Sweet Stand Against Cancer!" Christi & Alex's 3rd annual Lemonade Stand raising money for pediatric cancer research one cup at a time. OLD FORT BANK - WESTGATE OFFICE, Tiffin (across from McDonalds) FREMONT LOCATION: Walmart (Thanks, Jennifer!)

2 Comments:

At 4/6/06 10:05 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Angela, I'll be there Wednesday unless you request otherwise. Please send me a list of what to bring. And you know you can call here at any hour if you just want to chat....I am sincere about that.

Thank you for asking us to pray for Kraleigh's family. God be with them on this part of the journey.

GO CHRISTI GO!!!! YEAH!!!! Sounds like things are on the upswing, wouldn't you say? I will be praying through the night for those numbers to just soar through the roof so that you can be flying through the sky with Mr. Traunero back to Ohio!!!....and if that happens I would be so happy not to see you on Wednesday! : ) BELIEVE!!! love, sylvia xoxo

 
At 5/6/06 11:14 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Oh Angela- My heart breaks for and with you over another child gone far too soon from this beast! UGH. Kraleigh is sooo beautiful. My prayers will be with her family.

I'm glad and thankful that Christi is feeling so well. I pray her white count goes up, up, up soon so you both can return home.

Sounds like Shayla had a delightful time with the Grants! What great people!

Praying for you always!

Love you girls so very much!!

Lots of love, tons of prayers,
Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home