Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Almost Friday!

I've again hardly had any contact with Shayne and Christi today so I hope he is able to call soon or to post an update. During my lunch break phone call Christi seemed to be "the same".

Once again, I'm at our sweet neighbor's home using their computer- thanks Dave & Laura! (I must be like having another teenager in their home!) Thanks to the wonderful Pricilla at Bright Net for calling and checking on me; NO it is not any problem with Bright Net! I'm willing to bet I accidently pulled out a wire or something simply like that; hopefully, Shayne will be home soon so I can take care of things. That amazing man always fixes my computer problems.

Not being able to fly out until school was over on Friday (a holiday weekend) and not wanting to return home until Labor Day, the prices of flights suddenly went sky high. The flights that would work were $958.00 per ticket so I called a sweet Angel on earth who had previously offered frequent flyer miles to us just on the slight chance she may actually be able to book flights for us. (We've tried to use frequent flyer miles many times before, but it has NEVER worked out.) By the grace of God I learned this morning that Jean booked our flights so Miss Shayla and I will be arriving in Philly Friday night! THANKS, Jean & Kent!! I don't even want to know how many miles THAT must have used, but I'll forever be grateful of their love. Mom and Joe will drive us to Detroit. That way our vehicle won't be at the airport in case something goes wrong and we're not able to make it back Monday afternoon.

Just wanted to let our family and friends know what was up and hopefully Shayne will be able to post a "Christi update" soon. Saying I miss them is an understatement!

1 Comments:

At 31/8/06 4:38 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Thanks for posting Angela. I'm soo glad that you and Shayla were able to get the flights there.

Praying constantly for all of you!

Lots and lots of love, hugs, tears and prayers,
Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home