Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Internet Down

For whatever reason I lost our internet connection early this morning, so I just wanted to update here and let people know why I wasn't emailing them back. (I'm at our very kind neighbor's house to get on-line now.)

I've had limited contact with Shayne today. I do know her pain is being managed- of course this means Shayne is setting his alarm every three hours around the clock to give her pain meds. (He must be beyond exhausted on day #3 of this! Yesterday he said taking care of everything they had to get around and dealing with the emotions of it all was the most challenging and hardest day in his four years of this.)

My new concern, which Shayne mentioned in our two very brief chats today, is that Christi is so very tired. (That can't be anything positive.) With Shayne whispering, while Christi slept in their room at the wonderful Ronald House, we couldn't really talk. I do know they made it to the UPenn Animal Hospital, to her hospital tests and yes, to the Barnes and Noble again today. I don't know if they were able to get any more of the chemos today or not, or when they may be back or anything. I do know I miss them terribly and dearly wish I were with them. (Thanks to the Bowerman's for letting Shayla and I spend time with them tonight to help pass the time!!)

Tomorrow's MIBG scan is scheduled for 8:30 AM then they'll be off to yet another meeting with Dr. Maris. We pray for the blow to be as gentle as possible.

****UPDATED: I just read the blog comments and learned from a vet nurse that Christi was a bubble little girl tending to a puppy with a broken leg at the awesome UPenn Animal Hopsital today!!! (THANKS FOR SHARING!! I hate to call Shayne as I want him to get his rest.) THANK YOU for telling me how happy she was today! It is so hard to be away right now!!!! Thanks!

10 Comments:

At 29/8/06 8:21 PM, Blogger nikki the red said...

"Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times, it's essential to take time off and make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow."
Don Pagel

This quote sums up how I've seen all of you deal with this beast. You always make the best of it!

 
At 29/8/06 8:46 PM, Blogger Jan said...

Wow...what can I say? Just know that I am praying and sending out prayer requests on your behalf.

Know that you are loved...all of you!

Remember...Prayers go up...Blessings come down and Miracles DO happen...Just look at a little girl named Christi during the past 4 years!!!!! What better proof of MIRACLES could you find?

Love, hugs, blessings and prayers!
Jan

 
At 29/8/06 8:55 PM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

I emailed today about the Lemonade Stand we are having here at BGSU...but I'll try this route since your internet is down. We wanted to do it on Christi's diagnosis date, but they aren't fond of that because of the other baggage it obviously brings...so I was wondering if there was another significant September date you'd like us to do it on. Please let me know ASAP so we can get the ball rolling.

Love you!!

 
At 29/8/06 9:04 PM, Blogger Aimee Jackson said...

We're praying for Christi and her beautiful family. If anyone deserves a miracle, it's her.

Aimee, mom to Kendall (dx 5/04) and Zachary

 
At 29/8/06 9:14 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Yes Bridget, thank you! So very sweet of you to post that message...we all appreciate it, knowing that Christi was able to enjoy part of the day the way she likes it.

Oh Angela, now I feel awful... when we didn't hear from you or Shayne we just assumed that we should stay put and not interfere...Shayne, we can be there tomorrow by 630ish if you would like.

You all were the intention of everyone's prayer at prayer group tonight...you know you have tugged the heartstrings of many.

LORD, HEAR OUR PRAYER.

 
At 30/8/06 6:07 AM, Blogger merry said...

I have been following Christi's story for quite a while since I found it through another site. My heart goes out to you and your brave and shining little girl. What spirit she has and how she enjoys life despite the horrible battles. I admire her so much, and you too. She is lucky in her wonderful family, and you are lucky too to share your lives with such a courageous little inspiration.
I send you my best and warmest and most heartfelt wishes for some good news.
Merry, from the Cotswolds in the UK

 
At 30/8/06 7:47 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

I'm continuing to pray for a miracle for Christi and peace, rest and comfort for the entire Thomas family through these extremly difficult days. Perhaps the pain meds are adding to Christi's drowsiness. God bless you all!

 
At 30/8/06 7:57 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'm praying for Shayne and Christi and for all of you always!

I'm glad her pain is being manangend and that she had a good day at the U PENN animal hospital.

Love you all!

Love and prayers for always,
Heather

 
At 30/8/06 11:12 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Just praying - actually STORMING heaven with my thoughts and prayers ... my heart is breaking for you all but I am still hoping and praying for your amazing Christi's healing here of earth ... God Bless you all as you hear the scan results today ... I am anxious for you ... just know SO many of us strangers are here for you and would do anything to ease your pain ... Christi ... you are beyond amaing and the example of grace, strength and faith! I am praying for your beautiful soul! God Bless you Thomas Team!

Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN

 
At 30/8/06 11:13 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Just praying - actually STORMING heaven with my thoughts and prayers ... my heart is breaking for you all but I am still hoping and praying for your amazing Christi's healing here of earth ... God Bless you all as you hear the scan results today ... I am anxious for you ... just know SO many of us strangers are here for you and would do anything to ease your pain ... Christi ... you are beyond amaing and the example of grace, strength and faith! I am praying for your beautiful soul! God Bless you Thomas Team!

Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home