Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The news out of Philly is anything, but good. I spoke with Shayne this morning during my planning period. Her disease is much worse with increased cancer all over: liver, skull, shoulders, ribs, pelvis, spin, legs- shall I list anymore? Additionally, to the news of the new, multiple areas of disease and increased disease, the dox chemo which was given two days ago has not given her any pain relief as Dr. Maris felt it would.

She is now on a 24 hour morphine drip to try to help with the pain. The other (5+) chemos will begin today. All agree that it’s best she remain in Philadelphia even though she wants to come home and go to school.

Shayla and I will join them after school on Friday. I appreciate offers of help with her; however, we've decided from this point on it's probably best to keep her as close to the situation as we are so that she'll maybe be able to understand this later on. (I don't think I'll ever understand.) Thankfully, it’s Labor Day weekend and we can have some of Monday together too before we have to return home to get to school on Tuesday morning. I saw my paycheck today and learned that I am negative two and a half sick days. Ugh! This just doesn’t get any easier!

5 Comments:

At 30/8/06 4:11 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Angela...not sure if you can receive e-mail yet...if you're flying in and need a ride from the airport on Friday, let me know.

My heart is with you. xoxo

 
At 30/8/06 4:56 PM, Blogger Jolene said...

I am and have been praying for you all.

 
At 30/8/06 5:36 PM, Blogger nikki the red said...

in my mom's school district, people can "will" each other extra sick days. i'm sure other teachers would be willing to give you some. if each teacher gave you 2 days, that would be a wonderful way to help you out and keep you with christi!!

 
At 30/8/06 7:03 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

There are no words, just sadness and tears shed for all of you.


I love you guys dearly and am holding you soo close to my heart. In my thoughts and prayers always!

Lots of love and prayers for good pain control for Christi.

 
At 31/8/06 2:00 AM, Blogger Just Me said...

Praying for you in Boston. If you have a list of needs...of anything...please let us know. I am sure there are many who would do anything to help. Can you take time off under the "Family Medical Leave Act"? It is law here in Massachusetts to be able to take time off for family medical things without risking losing your job, but I don't know if it is a law nationwide.

Regardless, just know that someone in Boston is storming the heavens with prayer right now for Christi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home