Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Days Before Chemo

After reading the sweetest letter from a dedicated Partner in Prayer, Nancy, yesterday (and crying my eyes out at her kind words) I realize that people are counting on me to update so here goes: Christi has continued to be very active despite some pain over the weekend and I consider that quite a blessing! Thank you for your continued prayers. We are incredibly fortunate; we know of many other children who are suffering horribly right now, not to mention the parents who are forever suffering the loss of their child.

Christi's big art project continues.





A last minute decision over the weekend took us to Eric ("Webby") and Alicia's grand home in Michigan. They rolled out the red carpet for the Thomas team as by treating us to: horseback riding, swimming, the beach, mountain bike riding, great cooking and a bon fire. We always enjoy their company and it's not surprising that Shayne refers to Eric as a brother he always wanted, but never had.

Christi with Kitty
Christi leads "Magic" back to her stall.
Tub Time!
Backyard Bonfire
Eric teases Christi
"I lost my head!"














Yesterday the girls and I were at the convent to see my great Aunt, Sister Mary Alice. My Aunt Marty and my mom also went to visit. Today we are continuing to organize our closets- preparing for school which will start in a matter of days. The girls with Sister Mary Alice (Their Great, Great, Aunt!)
The girls on the grounds of the St. Francis Convent






After beginning her "many horse pills morning and night chemo" (Fenretnide) tomorrow, Christi will have her blood counts checked at ths hospital. They will be drawn from her port in her chest. I didn't update the website over the weekend as Christi had complained of pain in her upper shoulders, neck, stomach area and legs. That really worked me up. (She rarely complains so when she does it really gets our attention. And of course it was the exact areas where she has disease, yikes!) I felt so sick. I now wonder if it was a result of her wild horse riding on Friday because each day since she has said that it doesn't hurt as much as it did the day before. Praise God! Meanwhile, we'll continue to try to pray it all away. Living life on what may be the final moments like we have the past four years causes you to lose a lot of sleep and a complaint of pain sends your mind spinning out of control. Needless to say I'm anxious to see tomorrow's blood counts. PRAYER REQUEST: Platelets up, LDH down. We also pray that this second round of Fenretnide will be more gentle on her tummy.

6 Comments:

At 8/8/06 8:45 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

I will certainly pray for Platelets up and LDH down. I agree that I get very worried when there is not an update for awhile but do understand that you have much something much more important to do with your time. Please know that you are in the hearts, minds and prayers of so many of us here in cyberland. I am thankful that Christi's pain is lessening--I think I remember a previous post where she felt pain after a horseback ride--so I pray that that is all it is. Please take care and enjoy every moment.

 
At 8/8/06 12:45 PM, Blogger mom2pittcrew said...

As a former horse owner, I can attest that if you haven't ridden in a while, or haven't ridden as much as it sounds like she rode this weekend, my bets are that she is SORE from riding. Those are all the areas where I would be sore.

Many prayers for the blood draw tomorrow.

 
At 8/8/06 3:45 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

WOW!!! Christi, your painting is coming along beautifully! I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm so happy you let mom take a picture of it....Meghan does not like me to even see her paintings until they are finished. Absolutely amazing! Good job!

Don't you just love campfires/bon fires??!! Here's a funny story... Victor loves sitting by the fire so much, that even on hot summer evenings he will build a fire out back and plug the fan in next to him! : ) No lie!

YOU GIRLS GOT ME!!! That picture with Shayla bending over and Christi's head in the sand! TOO FUNNY!!!! You should send that picture in to a photo contest!

You girls look so pretty standing with Sr. Mary Alice. I went to visit my great-aunt Wilma today at the nursing home and it is such a beautiful day here that I took her outside to walk around the gardens. She loves being outside.
That last picture....is that of two sisters without their habits walking through the grounds? heheehe! We use to threaten Michele and Meghan that we were going to send them to the convent! : )

Sending lots of love your way!
love, sylvia

 
At 8/8/06 8:26 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

What gorgeous pictures! The girls look beautiful as always!

Platlets UP and LDH DOWN is my prayer today!

WIth much love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 8/8/06 10:07 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Christi....it's me again...I just enlarged the pictures to look at them in more detail....the one of you with Kitty....is she telling you a secret?? Very precious picture! xoxoxo

 
At 9/8/06 12:12 PM, Blogger nikki the red said...

christi's projects looks great already!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home