Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Met Friends Walk in Christi's Memory

We could never possibly give enough thanks to all who've so lovingly helped us along the way. Strangers turned friends has happened many times. In NYC we were blessed to have my friend Becky fly in to give us some help once when Christi was hospitalized. Shayne and Shayla had been going to a free art program "Start with Art" a couple times a week and with Becky's help with Christi I was able to finally join Shayne and Shayla. They were right; the art program for preschoolers was absolutely incredible. With two beautiful and brilliant educators in charge, I was stunned at their expertise and ability to positively interact with very young children. As we sat on the floor of the Met and drew, Shayla mentioned that her sister was in the hospital. I ended up sharing Christi's story and these fine ladies just opened their hearts to our family - even driving down to Philadelphia to visit with us this spring. Today they had a long NYC walk in Christi's memory, walking to many of our family's favorite NYC places! Along the way they placed nine little pink teddy bears and a white flower to mark Christi's presence. What a blessing!

NITZA & CAROLINE: At 10PM last night Shayne looked at the clock and said, "If we drive straight through we can be in New York by 10AM!" Please know we were with you in spirit, 500 miles away.

Thank you, dear Nitza and Caroline!!! We love you!!!
The Met! (Enough said.)

Today Caroline leaves a bear on the statue where the girls played countless times on the grounds of the Met.

Another one of the girls' favorite spots in Central Park - the Balto Statue. Today Balto received a little pink teddy bear and a white flower in Christi's honor.

The Thomas team took a carriage ride once through Central Park and we loved it (March 2003). Today's sweet friends got a driver to put a teddy bear and a flower on his carriage in Christi's honor. Too kind!

Caroline and Nitza ending the walk this afternoon by lighting a candle for Christi at St. Patrick's Cathedral. Countless Blessings!

11 Comments:

At 30/9/06 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how lovely they enjoyed a walk around NYC. I am headed to NYC in two weeks perhaps the bears and flowers will still be there, I will try to check!

 
At 30/9/06 9:08 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

What kind friends! I've been to many of those very same places myself when I've visted NYC.

The Met ROCKS!!! NO doubt the Start with Art must be incredible.

I love you all!

With love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 1/10/06 12:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is such an awesome thing your friends did!

I love the pics of Christi too.

I love her art that you've shown at times too.

It's so awesome to be able to get to know people through the internet, like I feel like I've gotten to know you and your family some.

Thanks for sharing.

You all are always in my prayers.

Kate

 
At 1/10/06 9:10 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Wow! What an amazing memory walk! I love the thought of white flowres and pink teddies being left at your favorite spots!

With continued prayers -

Kim

 
At 1/10/06 3:53 PM, Blogger Gavin Smith said...

I have loved reading this blog; I've always hoped that Christi would make it. My heart goes out to the family of the child; I wish them all the best.

Anytime I have read this blog, I have always felt a great deal of sadness. Simply, life is unfair.

 
At 2/10/06 8:40 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Good morning Thomas Team ... checking on your family 1st thing this morning and I was moved to tears by the amazing generosity that you have experienced by SO many that love Christi and your family ... the memory walk looked amazing ... I am sorry you all could not have been there ... but like Christi is in spirit with you I know she was there as well ...I continue to pray and think about your family hourly it seems .. .I stop back all the time just to look at your family pictures and Christi's beautiful face ... thank you for sharing her ... I pray that you are doing as well as you can - day by day -

Love from my family to yours!
Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN
mommy_jaden@yahoo.com

 
At 2/10/06 2:40 PM, Blogger Brigid and Celie said...

We love those cute pictures of Christi and the kitty! We're thinking of you. Hi, Shayla!!


XOXOXO
Brigid and Celie

 
At 2/10/06 4:41 PM, Blogger ari said...

I was in London recently and lit a candle for Christi in St. Paul's Cathedral.

 
At 2/10/06 5:13 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I just wanted to stop in and let you know your family continues to be in my thoughts and prayers. I spoke of your beautiful Christi and my experience at her funeral in my sermon this Sunday. There were so many who came up to me after the service to ask about your amazing daughter. I will be sure to e-mail you a copy of the sermon within the next few days.

 
At 2/10/06 6:18 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hey Guys,

I think of Christi everyday and I pray for you every night. I will forever shed tears for you loss and the huge loss to this world.

Forever a Christi fan.

Lisa www.edenadams.com

 
At 2/10/06 8:23 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

Nitza and Caroline...thank you. What a beautiful gesture. You are so very special. love, sylvia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home