Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Christi's Funeral Clip Here

1997, Christi - 5 months, dressed as a pumpkin and went Trick or Treating at Grandma Nonee and Paw Paws. (They gave her little jars of baby food! I treasure those memories and am so thankful to now have the images on CD roms.

I recently received a card from a COSI "far away" friend who said she was sorry she couldn't attend, but she heard it was like "a funeral of a rock star". It cracked me up! For anyone who may have wanted to attend but could not, the wonderful Trauneros and talented Digital Dreams DVD people have put a video clip together for you. Eric also has this on Christi's home page, but you can click here. (Just to warn you: It is about 30 minutes long; it does not contain the Mass and it does show Christi's body in the casket in case you don't want to see.)
http://www.nationaltributes.com/videos/C_Thomas.html

"Windy" may look familiar after watching the video. Windy is the horse which was used at the Grine's 9th birthday party they held for Christi and it was also walked by one of Christi's babysitters, Kelsey Grine, as "The Riderless Horse" which led us to the church.

Prior to Shayne's depature, we'd had a lot of great discussion regarding how the Christi Thomas Memorial Fund will be utilized. I think we have a lot of wonderful ideas in the works and we'll soon be able to share more about that and about how kids will benefit. Thank you to everyone for your incredible generosity and to the Gillmor Trust, a donor-advised fund and 501(c)(3) Charity managing this for us.

I visited Jeffery's Jewelry today. The Cooper's generosity left me in tears. I am stunned by their incredible gift I shall treasure and proudly wear around my neck for years to come! Since I wasn't too far away I next drove out to Christi's grave to try to get myself together and to spend some quiet time in prayer. Again I was moved to see two new flowers were sitting at Christi's grave. (I actually think a couple of sweet 7th graders are responsible. Don't they know Mr. Jones is giving their grade cards tomorrow? I don't return until next week, hee hee.)

This morning wasn't the only time a generous gift which left me in tears today. Last week I took all of the negatives of the photos I'd taken from 1997 to 2002(when I switched to a digital camera) to a sweet, hard working man who put them on CD roms for me for a grand total of $27.99. When I called their store last week and asked him if they did that he jokingly responded, "Not if you plan to bring a whole bunch of negatives in here." (Well of course I did!) I quickly explained my situation and he said, "Bring them in. I'll take a lot at how many you have and I'll give you an estimate." There could be no greater gift. I'd forgotten many things over the years and these photos bring it all back. Don't worry (ha ha) I'll be sharing some "oldies but goodies" soon! God bless, Coopers, God bless, John! (PHOTO: CT, age 3, "Artist in Action")

On our way home from Toledo today Shayla said, "Mom, I've never seen the clouds look like that before." I joked, "I wonder if it's a Christi art project gone bad," which caused Shayla to laugh. Soon she noticed the bright red sunset out the other window. She said, "Mom, look!! I've never seen a sunset that red before." I said, "Did Christi know my favorite color?" (Of course she did.) Shayla squealed, "Yes and that's it!!!" I wondered if these were signs from Christi telling me I'd be okay at church tonight. Regardless, my stomach was a mess driving Shayla home from her therapy this afternoon knowing it was the Mass for "All Souls Day" and that's when I chickened out and decided I would drop Shayla off and then return home alone.

16 Comments:

At 1/11/06 10:50 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Shayne, Angela and Shayla,

I just finished watching Christi's funeral video. Thank you so much for sharing her with everyone. You've done such a wonderful job helping the world get to know your beautiful family. You are truly an inspiration to me. I remember so clearly standing first at the casket of my brother, then that of my sister-in-law two short years later. I remember the feeling of taking them in, never wanting to leave their sides and always wanting one just one more glance of their beautiful faces. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. God Bless You.

 
At 1/11/06 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the video for those from far away. God bless you as always!

 
At 2/11/06 9:23 AM, Blogger Brigid and Celie said...

We wish we were there to give you great big hugs and share some of our Halloween candy. We Love you Thomas Team!

XOXOXO
Brigid and Celie

 
At 2/11/06 9:49 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Dearest Angela and the Thomas Team ... I just stopped in to see how Halloween was for you knowing it would be so difficult ... I am still so amazed at how big the hearts of Christi's friends are ... to take Shayla under their wing and treat her like a little sister - I know Christi is smiling above watching how much they love her sister ... thank you also for sharing those bittersweet photos of past Halloween - I found myself staring at her beautiful face from last year and thinking - I never imagined that in less than a year she would be gone ... it cuts like a knife and I am just a stranger that has watched from afar - please know my heart breaks for you every day and my thoughts and prayers travle with you too! I hope the CD with all of those past photos brings you peace - the photo of the 3 year CT picasso was so adorable ... she is beautiful! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with all of us - know we think of you hourly!

God Bless!

Love from my family to yours!
Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN
mommy_jaden@yahoo.com

 
At 2/11/06 10:19 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lehmann said...

I'm so excited to hear that you guys are coming up with some great things for Christi's fund! Can't wait to see what they are.

And by the way, Shayla made a BEAUTIFUL black cat for halloween. In those pictures, it really does look like she was having a blast. Christi's friends are so sweet.

Love you lots,
Jennifer

 
At 2/11/06 10:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That pic of Christy painting is the cutest ever!!

 
At 2/11/06 11:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing the video. It was so touching and helped me to truly realize she's moved on from this earth.

I miss seeing recent pictures and stories.. as I am sure you miss her even more.

I don't think words could ever do justice to tell you how sorry I am for your loss and pain...

Kate

 
At 2/11/06 12:23 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Oh, Angela! A thousand thank you's for sharing Christi's farewell! It was absolutely beautiful - just like Christi! The balloon and dove releases were just breathtaking! What a special farewell for a young girl who truly lived her life to the fullest!

With love and gratitude -

Kim

 
At 2/11/06 1:42 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Thank you so much for posting the video. Christi's service was certainly beautiful and a fitting tribute to her.

I couldn't help but smile through my tears as Shayle snuggled her dove. That girl is just too sweet and cute.

 
At 2/11/06 2:22 PM, Blogger Kait said...

Angela, thank you so much for sharing that video with all of us. How beautiful! Am I correct in thinking you said something about 'Christi Charms' in a previous blog entry? Because if so I would love more information.

 
At 2/11/06 3:04 PM, Blogger Mieke said...

Dear Thomas Family,
You have been through so much and are such a wonderful family. I am sure Christi is looking down on you everyday with pride. I cannot imagine how hard each day must be for you, but you have to just take it one moment at a time. Shayla looks so cute dressed up! You are in my thoughts every day. The video was so lovely. Every day you make great accomplishments and your family has so much love. Wishing you a most wonderful day.

 
At 2/11/06 6:21 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Well, I've watched the video three times now which has meant that all my office have seen it now. It meant a great deal to us to be able to see the events that we could only be present for in spirit, and a reoccuring comment was how well you all held up. We were all reaching for tissues by the end! The feather Shayla picked up, (I think that's what it was, after the dove release), stood out in my mind the most, as if Christi made sure to leave her little sister a sign before spreading her wings. All in all, a wonderful ceremony, thank you for sharing it.

 
At 2/11/06 7:44 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

What a beautifully made Video. A Video I wish there was no reason for but beautiful none the less. I wanted to share a story with you from our trip to Philly last week. On the Cab ride to the RD House we were having a very nice conversation with the Cab Driver (which in itself is interesting, as he was the first Cab driver there who was cordial) and during our ride he asked where we were from and when I said Columbus OH he told us that he once considered moving to OH, Tiffin to be exact and asked if we had been there or knew anyone from there? My heart skipped a beat as I thought of Christi and your family and wondered if she was telling us that she was there with us and it would all be ok? Maybe it was just my imagination running wild but I immediately felt a calm come over me which lasted the whole trip.

You are in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Love Lisa
www.edenadams.com

 
At 2/11/06 9:08 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Thank you for sharing the video of Christi's services for those of us who would have loved to attend. It was just beautiful like Christi herself. I keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers, and I will especially pray for you when you return to school next week. Just like you held her hand on her first day, I know she will be there with you surrounding you with her love and courage.

Love Holly

 
At 2/11/06 10:55 PM, Blogger Frapper said...

I watched Christi's funeral video clip; it's so incredibly moving to see so many people coming out to honour your precious daughter. I can't imagine how you went through that whole day with such dignity and strength; it just brought me to such tears. If it seems so wrong to me to lose someone with such promise, who embraced all that life had to offer and was so loved, I truly can't begin to imagine how you must feel. My prayers for your family continue, I only wish there was something more to say or do that could bring comfort to you.

 
At 3/11/06 2:28 AM, Blogger brooke said...

Hi Thomas Team,
I just wanted to stop in and tell you that I think about all of y'all every day. I pray for you as well.

warmly,
Brooke, in Logan, UT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home