Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Made It / Another Test Tonight

2005
2006
Shayla with Kaylyn & Theresa (2006)
Great crafts and activities! Thanks, Heidelberg College

Whew! Trick or treat night is over - the first one without Christi by my side and I'm still breathing! Praise Him!! By the time trick or treat arrived, my stomach was a mess. I didn't want to go, but I knew there was no other way; I had to do it for Shayla "the black cat". Theresa and Kaylyn walked in and I was actually very glad to see those sweet gals. I admit I couldn't help but constantly think how Christi would have been giggling non-stop having the time of her life with all of those girls, but......Shayla had a GRAND time with them instead.

Tonight will be another big step. Christi's CCD class is having the Mass at church; additionally, Mass will be offerd for her. At this point I am planning to attend; however, I think I'll drop Shayla off for religion and sit and study in my van until it's time for Mass and then run in at the last minute and sit in the back. I'll try not to chicken out, but there are so many of my students there and it is my role as a teacher to be there for my students. Everyone knows, you can't lean on a tree that is already bending! I head back to school next week, but I'll be back in my own element then. Oh, this is so hard! Shayne can't get home soon enough!

Only through His grace,
Angela

3 Comments:

At 1/11/06 9:41 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Angela, you are a sweet and courageous woman!! It is clear where Christi got her "wonderfulness" from! One step at a time...know that there are so many who pray for you on a daily basis!

With love and respect -

Kim

 
At 1/11/06 10:43 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

I'll be thinking of you and praying hard during the Mass tonight.

You're making so many difficult steps lately. May you feel God's loving arms around you holding you tight.

Lots of love and prayers,
Heather

 
At 1/11/06 8:17 PM, Blogger Just Me said...

You don't know me. I started reading Christy's blog about 2 months before she passed away, and I have read every word of it over time.

What an incredible child. What an amazing legacy she has left, as it seems there is no ending to trying to figure out how she came up with an idea.

I spent a good bit of last night trying to figure out how one would devise her Halloween costume of choice. I think I got it, but what a complicated thing for a little girl. I have years of camp counseling experience (ugliest counselor contest champ 1997 sessions :), and that would have never occurred to me.

Again, like so many, I was touched to laughter and to tears by your incredible child.

God bless each of you. I pray for you daily.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home