Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Happier Holidays

As a fifth grader this year, most likely, nine year old Christi would have figured out there is no Santa Claus. Shayne and I would joke to each other, "She can calculate square roots in her head, yet she thinks there is a Santa. How can that be?" While I am grateful she went to her grave never knowing the truth, I am disappointed that I will never be able to see her expression when she found out who came to her house each Christmas for so long- all dressed up as Santa. (No one person could ever love her more. I'll share the "year by year" pics soon. There are some hilarious ones, especially given the fact who was in the old red suit! I love this picture here too because even at age 4 1/2 in 2001 you can tell Christi is a wee bit uncomforable by the Santa. Imagine facing up to the man who knows if you've really been naughty or nice?! hee hee)

With great Aunt Eloise, Christmas 2001 - CT age 4 1/2 years.

With sweet "Aunt" Jenny, Gear Christmas 2001 (Shayla 2 / CT 4)

3 Comments:

At 3/12/06 8:18 PM, Blogger thonmom06 said...

I cannot imagine this Christmas for you. Looking at these pictures brings back my own memories. Before I was born that June long ago my great aunt Marie made a Santa suit for my dad... and for every Christmas Eve we would all gather in the livingroom and start singing Christmas carols. All of a sudden there would be a tap on the picture window....and who's peeping in but good ole St. Nick! (dad was ALWAYS in the bathroom!) We'd all start squeeling and giggling! Santa came in with all of our gifts!...and it was so amazing how he knew EVERYTHING about us and what happened that year! Then we would all gather round to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. I have four siblings and there is 18 yrs between my "baby" sister and I. She turned four just after dad passed away.
Every Christmas after that a neighbor would fill Santa's shoes (and everything else!) so that the tradition would continue. I can remember that first Christmas though. My heart is with you.

love you much.
Sylvia

 
At 4/12/06 4:02 AM, Blogger Karen said...

How precious! I think every parent treasures the annual "Santa" photo, and the girls look simply darling. (Much better than the ones of me where I seem to always been screaming my head off. I wonder what I had to hide!)

Since I can't use any html, I'll simply post the links to some photos I took on my phone not long ago. I was driving to a theatre performance and noticed an oddly shaped cloud set apart from the rest that reminded me of an angel wing. It seemed particularly pronounced because the other clouds were turning grey but this one shone brightly, so naturally it made me think of Christi. Perhaps she was up there, telling me to break a leg! The quality isn't great, but you can still get the basic visual.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/teflonundies/26-11-06_1224.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/teflonundies/26-11-06_1225.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/teflonundies/26-11-06_1226.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f77/teflonundies/26-11-06_1227.jpg

 
At 7/12/06 9:26 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Angela, Shayne and Shayla ... thinking of you all today as the Holiday grows closer ... your post telling of the Beautiful Christmas Tree someone generously placed for Christi brought me to tears ... when people say there is so much hate in the world these are the times I want to scream from a mountain how wonderful strangers are to others ... that gift to you and your family will never be forgotten I am sure ... my 4 year old has been saving every last penny to donate to the Minnesota Valley Humane Society as her Christmas Wish in Christi's Memory ... we will send you photos as soon as we get them ... your Christi has changed the mind and hearts of people young and old ... what a legacy she will have ... THANK YOU CHRISTI for showing me kindness, genorosity, love and the Lord!

Love from my family to yours!

Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN
mommy_jaden@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home