Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Parent Teacher Conferences

One short year ago: Nov. 2005 Conference Night

Oh, my! I never expected tonight to be so difficult. As a parent of Christi's I always loved attending parent-teacher conferences. Now, being at school with conferences going on and watching the parents come and go knowing I won't get to meet with her teacher, is a real kick in the pants. I'm very grateful Shayne and I were able to meet with Shayla's 2nd grade teacher tonight, but oh how I wish we could have met with Christi's beautiful teacher too. I'm trying hard not to complain, but this is tough and I feel like my heart is breaking!

Today was my fifth day back at school and I couldn't stand it any longer. I had to ask our sweet computer tech to please change the screensaver going around on my work computer. Years ago one of my 8th graders set it up for me so I didn't know how to change it. It's all pictures of Christi. While I didn't mind the healthy looking pictures, there were also ones of tough treatment attempts and it was killing me to glance at some of what she so unjustly had to endure knowing Shayne and I had signed the consent forms for every single torture we subjected her to. Thankfully, our sweet tech understood only too well - 15 years ago today her sixth grade son died. I'll never forget her attending our wedding ten days later in November of 1991. During our wedding, I didn't focus on anything that the priest said, but I stared up in the balcony where Theresa sat wondering how in the world she was ever going to get by without her precious son, Andy. I wasn't even a mother yet, but I knew the pain must be horrific. Now I know for myself the true horror. To comfort myself, I imagine Andy & Christi celebrating with Jesus tonight!

7 Comments:

At 17/11/06 9:02 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Oh Angela,
My heart is so sad for and with yours that Christi is not here in your arms.

I'm glad Theresa was able to change that screen saver for you.

With all my love and prayers for ever and always,
Heather

 
At 17/11/06 3:12 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

As I watch you reflect on the past I am in awe at the amazing life you gave Christi while she was here. She was offered experiences most people will never have. I still think of her every day and pray for peace and comfort for you, Shane and Shayla

 
At 18/11/06 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am adopting on December 8th my foster daughter that I have had since Oct. '05. Gloria is 1.5 and is HIV+. She will probably live through her childhood and perhaps until 20 or so. I have tucked your experiences with your precious daughter away in my heart and will no doubt lean on them when her death comes. Blessings to you and sweet dreams, daughter of the King.

At His Feet -
Kristina in the Arizona Desert

 
At 18/11/06 2:13 AM, Blogger Frapper said...

I'm sorry that there are so many things that come up that just break your heart, like the screen saver and the parent-teacher meetings. I'm sure there are going to be many more, and I continue to pray that you will have the strength to get through them. I'm sure that Christi is indeed celebrating with Jesus and Andy, and will continue to watch over your family as well.

 
At 18/11/06 11:46 PM, Blogger Tine said...

Thinking of you as the two month anniversary of Christi's arrival in heaven arrives. Her journey to God was difficult to say the least, but she is still alive in memories, in stories, in pictures and in hearts. God Bless you all Thomas team!
-Christine

 
At 20/11/06 9:13 AM, Blogger Melinda Auld said...

i cant believe it has been two months. how i miss hearing about your sweet, wonderful daughter's antics; her jokes and wit; her amazing spirit (which lives on). I love that photo of her with you and Shayla. She looks so pretty and stylish - a lovely young woman. Hugs, thoughts and prayers to you as always.

 
At 20/11/06 2:06 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Dearest Angela! I am so sorry for your loss and as I read your journal entires I can feel the heartache in your words and just wish I could hug you though the screen ... there is nothing any of us can do to make your pain ease even slightly but please know if I could I would take that pain as my own ... I am sorry that those photos of Sweet Christi bring such solemn memories but I am glad you were able to ease some pain by turning them off for now ... and what a sweet friend to remove them for you knowing she deeply understands your pain and grief ... I am sorry about the constant reminders of Christi's absence ... I am sure conferences were beyond difficult! THe photo from last year is prescious but it also breaks my heart to realize she is gone now ... it is beyond unfair ... know I remain a constant prayer warrior for you all!

Love form my family to yours!

Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN
mommy_jaden@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home