Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Video Links Now Working

Some sweet "bloggers" informed me the the TV station removed the video clip of last year's Thanksgiving. The amazing "webby" (aka Eric) contacted them and they've reinstated it. (Thank you Channel 24!) I also learned for the first time that after Christi died they ran a little clip. Amazing! Below are the Channel 24 News Clips for anyone who may be interested in viewing the little videos.

Announcing Christi's death
http://www.nbc24.com/Global/story.asp?s=5440052

Thanksgiving, 2005
http://www.nbc24.com/Global/story.asp?s=4163414

Lemonade Stand, Sept. 2005 - Heidelberg College
http://www.nbc24.com/Global/story.asp?s=3891057

Shayla loved her "dovie" she released at Christi's gravesite (Sept. 23, 2006)



Compassionate and respectful individuals line the funeral procession route as Christi's body is driven out to the cemetary. Simply unbelievable!

*I recently received the above photos from a wonderful mom of one of my former students. I'm so glad she shared them with me!

After school Wednesday, Shayla and I went out to the cemetery. On the way we wondered if the items that had been left for Christi would still be there. I told Shayla I wanted to bring home the ceramic cat statue, if it was still there and to remove any fall decorations before the snow begins to fall. I didn’t know what we’d find, but upon pulling in Shayla immediately noticed it first and started squealing.

“There’s a Christmas tree on Christi’s grave!!” Unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable! I stopped the van and Shayla quickly hopped and ran over and got down on her knees to see this darling little, decorated Christmas tree planted right about where Christ’s head is. Tears, over the kindness of someone, suddenly poured down both of our faces as we stood there hugging each other tightly.

Shayla soon pulled on my arm and pointed up to the sky where there was a HUGE (at least 1,000) flock of black birds all flying in a synchronized pattern from the west to the east and then just that soon they were gone. The timing was incredible. We could only think Christi already organized all of God’s pets by now so now she must have been sending us a sign that she’s watching over us too when we need a little love. It was amazing!

Also amazing was the Ohio State buckeye necklace that had been left for Christi. Shayla soon picked it up and put that around her neck and said, “Someone must have brought this to Christi after we won the big game!” An OSU Buckeye necklace – amazing! Also, the dirt has now been filled in and two small bouquets (one fresh and one silk) were pushed into the fresh dirt. Finally, we also were stunned to discover a beautiful little blond angel (Christmas ornament) had been left for Christi. We decided to bring that home and put in the living room to remind us of our little blonde angel singing in Heaven this Christmas. Some may talk about bad things happening here on earth, but if they would have gone with us yesterday they’d only be singing His praises about His good people here on earth – thank you! We may never find out who left these sweet and thoughtful gifts, but we did pray for them.

Shayla and I shared a lot giggles walking around in my old wedding gown last night after we made dinner for Shayne. In our family's tradition of "Thanksgiving time weddings", today would have been the 44th anniversary of the day my parents wed.

FUNERAL FUNNY: Shayne's cousins (all three retired US Naval Officers) were waiting a very long time in their vehicle to leave the church after the funeral. Finally, they decided that if Christi's coffin was being transported by a horse-drawn carriage they'd just walk because they could walk as fast as a horse, right? Well, no one told them that after the horse drawn hearse went through town a motorcycle essort would be taking her motorhearse the rest of the way! They walked for a very long time before asking someone, "How much farther until we get to the cemetary?" Quite surprised were they to find out the cemetary was miles away - so funny!! Needless to say, they didn't make it out to the cemetary. Corrinne, Cheryl & Tony - today's pictures are for you!!

6 Comments:

At 1/12/06 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Thomas Family,
I watched with tears flowing the sweet videos of Christy. I don't know exactly how I found her website but I will be forever blessed.
I am writing a talk titled "Perseverance" for a Walk to Emmaus, which is an international movement involving a 72 hour short course in Christianity, in March. Through a lot of prayer I know God is leading me to speak of your precious daughter. I can not find a more adequate way to sum up the meaning of perseverance with and through Jesus Christ than your daughter's life on earth. She has taught the world of God's love and grace and has achieved the ultimate goal of returning back to the arms of our Heavenly Father with her mission very successfully accomplished. I can only imagine the love she received as she ran straight into His arms. I can almost hear Him whispering "My precious daughter, welcome home. Mommy, Daddy and Shayla will join us when I call them home but until then just peer down through the clouds and blow angel kisses their way. Don't worry, my sweet girl, they will know it is you."
You were chosen by our God to be her family and I thank you for sharing your memories, smiles and even your tears.
In His service,
Sheila

 
At 2/12/06 8:28 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

What kindness to leave those things at Christi's grave. Although I wish with all my heart and soul that those things could have been brought to your home for her, not the cemetary.

Praying for you for always,
Heather

 
At 3/12/06 12:27 AM, Blogger Frapper said...

It's so nice that you and Shayla found so many precious gifts at Christi's grave. I'm sure there are so many people whose lives she touched that stop by to honour her. I did get a smile out of thinking of those poor cousins thinking well, we can surely walk,it's not a problem, and then finding it out it's say 10 miles out of town! I'm glad the anniversary dinner was complete with wedding gown modeling--did you and Shayla both model it? I hope that you're having a nice weekend together.

 
At 3/12/06 5:06 PM, Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

To be in a prayerful mood is to be in love, in love with the existence. To be in a prayerful mood is to be in gratitude to the existence. To be in prayerful mood means to not be an enemy to the world but a friend.

For me, prayer is not an address because there is no one to be addressed. Prayer is a state of mind. It is concerned with you not with God. You can be in love without a love object; the object is not the necessity. You can exist in love, you can walk in love, you can sleep in love. Everything that comes in contact with you receives your love. If no one comes in contact with you, still the perfume of love is there. A flower may be on a path where no one passes, but there is still a perfume. It is not addressed to anyone; it simply bubbles out of the flower. Like that, prayer is a bubbling of your love: your love to the whole, to all that is.

 
At 3/12/06 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MY FIRST CHRISTMAS IN HEAVEN

I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below
with tiny lights like heavn's stars relecting on the snow

The sight is so spectacular please wipe away that tear
for I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear
but the sound of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you of the joy their voices bring
for it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart
for I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.

I can't tell you of the splendor or the peace here in this place
Can you just imagine Christmas with our Savior face to face?

I'll ask him to lift your spirit as I tell him of your love
so then pray for one another as you lift your eyes above.

Please let your hearts be joyful and let your spirit sing
for I am spending Christmas in heaven and I'm walking with the King.

 
At 7/12/06 9:20 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Thinking of you as I catch up with all the wonderful photos and posts ... the video of Sweet Christi is amazing and it makes my heart smile and cry all at the same time. I am glad I 'knew' the little girl that crawled her way into SO many hearts worldwide ... I know you are proud ...

Love from my family to yours!
Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN
mommy_jaden@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home