Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

"Christi" Written & Read by Kaylyn

A beautiful and charming friend, Kaylyn, gave Christi so much! My heart aches knowing how confusing it all must be for this precious young lady. I can't make any sense of it myself.

Although I knew of Kaylyn and Theresa, my first real experience with them was being blessed to be their kindergarten teacher. The two girls were delightful and I found myself sometimes talking with them about my daughter, Christi, who was in preschool at the time. I kept thinking that Christi would love to be in kindergarten with them because she seemed like the same type of little girl. Never did I realize at that time, the drastic changes that would soon take place in our lives - nor the special relationship the three would soon form. Our family treasures that bond!

“Christi”
She was like a diamond in my life.
She sparkled, she gleamed,
She shown brightly.
She was like a butterfly in my life.
She danced, she lifted my spirits high.
We are friends.
We will always and forever be friends.
I will keep you in my heart forever.


I often told Kaylyn's wonderful mother, "I never worry about Christi when she's with Kaylyn because I know Kaylyn won't let them do anything wrong." Although Kaylyn liked to be silly too she could somehow manage to "calm" Christi right down when "calm" was needed (smile) for a silly, giggly little blonde.

A few times we came home from long stays at the hospital and Kaylyn would come to our house in advance and decorate our door with a "Welcome Home, Christi" sign! Christi just LOVED that special treat, her very special friend provided.

Today, Christi's bedroom door continues to remain closed as glimpses of a place she loved so much sometimes causes me to crumble to the floor; yet, on the back of her door hangs one of Kay's special posters she made for Christi last winter. Thank you, dearest Kaylyn! You'll forever be very special to our family and Angel Christi is most likely right by you protecting you always.


CT's 8th Birthday Bash at Libby Lu's in Columbus!
Hand-in-Hand with Kaylyn & Theresa (CT's 7th birthday party at the Ritz, 2004)
Heidelberg College Football Game Fun (October 2003)
Every girl in Christi's class was able to attend the Grine's incredible "horse party" (9th Bday, May 2006)
Silly Second Graders (Fall 2003)
Kaylyn at Christi's Music Teacher (who sang at her funeral)make a quilt of love which is later sent to Christi in NYC (October 2002)
Ceramics Time at Kay's Grandma's.
Cedar Point (July 2006)
Kaylyn Visits Christi's Lemonade Stand - June 2006
School Spirit Day! Go, Tigers! (2004)
Fun at School with 4th grade friends - January 2006
Cheering for Heidelberg College - Fall 2005
Hanging out in Christi's Room - August 2005
Joking Around at Theresa's - October 2005
Less than a year ago - Ice Skating with Sweet Kaylyn (Jan. 29, 2006)
2nd Graders
border="0" alt="" />Recess on the Playground (April 2004 - 2nd grade)
Slumber Party! (May 2005)
Sweet classmates welcome Christi back to school (Feb. 2006)

3 Comments:

At 21/1/07 10:49 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

What a perfect poem sweet Kay wrote and read for Christi.

May God bless her always.

Praying and loving you,
Heather

 
At 21/1/07 12:49 PM, Blogger Aimee Jackson said...

It is no surprise that such an amazing girl like Christi attracted such amazing friends! I know their hearts must also ache and I pray for their comfort, health, long life and success. The poems they read were beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. As always, you Shayne and Shayla are in our thoughts and prayers.

 
At 21/1/07 9:19 PM, Blogger Kait said...

Angela,

Thank you so much for finding the strength to share these sweet stories with us. What amazing friends Christi had in her life. Heaven knows she deserved so much love! Know that I think of your sweet girl and your family daily. Christi changed my life for the better and I will carry her in my heart forever!

All my love

 

Post a Comment

<< Home