Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Science Magazine


Thanks to a sweet "blogger" here is the link of the Science Magazine article:

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/summary/315/5808/23c?

I emailed a bunch of pictures to the writer. I wasn't certain which one they'd use. I do love this one. I took it while resting upon a picnic blanket outside of the art museum after we toured "The Barnes" in Philadelphia in late May. How I wish I could just re-live that wonderful day one more time!
Here's another "science style" photo I love. Christi is giggling while it was taken at COSI, on the night they threw her a special party - nearly one year before her death (Sept. 16, 2005). Thanks, Traci "Harriet", Jenn and all!

Shayla had a little friend over after school yesterday. I had to chuckle about Christi's wigs getting some use. They asked if they could borrow Christi's wigs and I thought, "Why not?!" (They dressed up as princesses and put on a musical for me last night. I loved it!)

Today we met up with a friend, who used to give ice skating lessons for a little lesson for Shayla, and tried out Shayla's Christmas gift - her skates. SHAYLA FUNNY: Shayla did NOT want skating lessons she just wanted to go skate. We told her we were meeting a friend there and Dani did an awesome job with Shayla. While Dani took a break to chat with me, Shayla skated with Shayne and said, "Is that girl here to give me lessons? I don't want lessons!" Shayne told her that Dani was the only person we knew who knew how to really skate and wasn't it sweet she wanted to skate with Shayla today. That seemed to satisfy Shayla. I know she learned a lot while also having an enjoyable afternoon!
Thank you, Dani!!

3 Comments:

At 6/1/07 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Shayla - I love your hat! *wink*

I'm glad you had a blast with Dani. She pretty much rocks.

Awesome article in the science magazine. I know Christi would be thrilled!

Love, Jennifer

 
At 7/1/07 8:23 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Thanks soo much for sharing the link to the article. Truly a great picture too, I remember your writing about that day in May. Oh how I wish you could go back and relive it too.

Shayla cracks me up! She looks great in her pictures with Dani! What fun. Please tell her she impresses me soo much, I can't skate at all.

With love and prayers for always,
Heather

 
At 9/1/07 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shayla, great job on the ice! I haven't skated since grade 8 (and I'm 28 now) so I'm too scared to try again. You look so pretty and I love to see how you look just like your beautiful mom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home