Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Little Angels


In Memory of Christi Thomas
May 12, 1997 - September 19, 2006


(PIC: Another "Baby Christi" shot taken in the fall of '97)

"Little Angels"
Author Unknown

When God calls little children to dwell with Him above,
We mortals sometime question the wisdom of His love.
For no heartache compares with the death of one small child,
Who does so much to make our world seem wonderful and mild.
Perhaps God tires of calling the aged to his fold,
So he picks a rosebud, before it can grow old.
God knows how much we need them, and so He takes but few
To make the land of Heaven more beautiful to view.
Believing this is difficult, still somehow we must try.
The saddest word mankind knows will always be “goodbye.”
So when a little child departs, we who are left behind,
Must realize God loves children, Angels are hard to find.

The above poem was read by Father Joe while we held the doves before their release. Truth be told, I really never heard a word of this poem so I'm incredible grateful that it was printed out and given to me that day! While Father read, I was very worried about the wiggly doves, hoping they would not "get away" too soon! I didn't want to harm mine, but then Andrea whispered, "Hold it tigher! It's going to get away!" I'm still amazed Shayla actually let her little "dovie" go. She's quite a little keeper (pack rat actually) and she absolutely loves animals! Look at that delightful smile upon seeing her "dovie" fly off. Fly, dovie, fly! Fly, Christi, fly!





Rest in peace, sweet Christi! Welcome your little friends back Home and know how much we love and miss you and look forward to being reunited with you again in a better place one glorious day!

4 Comments:

At 14/1/07 4:02 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

What a lovely poem. Thanks for sharing with us.

With love and prayers for always,
Heather

 
At 14/1/07 7:57 PM, Blogger melissamaren said...

Hello! I've spent a good portion of the night reading about Christi on this blog and out of curiosity, clicked on the little blue icon on the bottom of one of the pages. It brought me to the counter you have for this site -- wanted to let you know that this blog is number 41 in the list of the top 3000 blogs that they track! Holy smokes!

 
At 14/1/07 10:18 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Thinking of you all as I do daily ... wishing I could take ALL of this pain away and have Amazing Christi back in to your arms where she BELONGS! I can not and never will understand why God calls his children to him too soon but I do know that those "special" children that go too soon have completed what they were sent here to do ... boy - she did her job on earth so much better and quicker than the rest of us ... but I SO look forward to meeting her in Heavn one day because of her I am closer to the Lord than ever! Angela and Shayne - THANK YOUfrom the bottom of my soulfor shaing your baby with me and all of us out here ... and Sweet Shayla ... your sister is BEYOND proud of you and always will be your big sister!

God Bless!

Love from my family to yours!

Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN
mommy_jaden@yahoo.com

 
At 15/1/07 12:02 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Good Morning Angela and Shayne! I was on the bus this morning heading to work with the skies filled with snowflakes and sunrise and this song came on the radio ... I instantly thought of Christi and your family and all that you are going through now and will endure the remainder of your lives here on earth. I won't pretend to know how hard it is but I am a mom and the thought alone takes my breath away and makes me sick to my stomach! How I wish your Christi could have remained here on earth with you! Here are the song lyrics ... sung by Kenny Chesney ... I hope your day brings sweet memories of your baby!

God Bless!

“Who You’d Be Today” by Kenny Chesney

Sunny days seem to hurt the most; wear the pain like a heavy coat, I feel you everywhere I go; See your smile, I see your face, I hear you laughing in the rain, Still cant believe you’re gone, It aint fair you died to young, like a story that had just begun, but death tore all the pages away; God knows how I miss you, all the hell that I been through, just know, that no one could take your place, Sometimes I wonder…Who You’d Be Today. Would you see the world? Would you chase your dreams? Settle down with a family? Wonder what you would name your babies. Some days the skies so blue, feel like I can talk to you, I know it must sound crazy. It aint fair you died to young, like a story that had just begun, but death tore all the pages away. God knows how I miss you, all the hell that I been through, just know, that no one could take your place, Sometimes I wonder…Who You’d Be Today. Today, today, today, today, today, today. Sunny days seem to hurt the most, wear the pain like a heavy coat, the only thing that gives me hope, is I know, Ill see you again someday. Someday, someday.

Love form my family to yours!
I remain a TRUE Christi follower and now a Thomas Team Supporter!

Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN
mommy_jaden@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home