Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years Through the Years

Each year Christi that was in treatment, some sweet supporter would email a New Year's slogan. This year we added a new one.

Cancer Free, 2003
Cancer No More, 2004
Cancer Aside, 2005
Cancer We'll Fix, 2006
Christi's in Heaven, 2007




The girls at the Mummer's Day Parade in Philly, 1/1/04

Today we reflected upon past New Years. (Shayne going down to Times Square to ring in 2003 after we moved to NYC and spending New Year's Eve in the wonderful Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House ringing in 2004- of course Christi & I slept through all of that, but.....hee hee! A highlight in 2004 was watching the Mummer's Day parade on Jan. 1st of 2004 in Philly.) We also couldn't help but remember having the wonderful Limbird girls babysit while Shayne and I went to the Ritz and then to the Tiffin Balreich's Potato Chip drop on the town square to ring in 2000! We wish you a new year filled with good health, happiness and peace. God bless you!Thanks for checking in!

4 Comments:

At 2/1/07 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure that you are relieved that the holidays are now over - i know no words can adequately express the pain you felt, and I know nothing I can say will adequately express to you how very sorry I am for what you are going through.
Christi's legacy will never cease to astound me. She was truly the definition of amazing. I have no doubts that we will be seeing a cure, or atleast a better treatment, in 2007.

Praying for you, always.

Phyllis

 
At 2/1/07 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you and I wish you a very Happy New Year. (Angela, I sent a Christmas surprise box ...USPS confirms it was delivered on 12/23- I'm afraid it was left out while you were away... It was for Shayla...to brighten her first holiday without her precious sister. Hopefully she's received it and is enjoying it...the address I sent it to was from a note you'd sent me last year and I'm praying you were still at the same address).
May God bless you all in the New Year...

 
At 4/1/07 10:33 AM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Just stopping in to let you know that I am thinking of you all today as I do every day ... I remain a faithful follower and a TRUE Christi Supporter ... I was so saddened by the final slogan for 2007 - it hit me right in the face ... I can only imagine how hard it is for all of you every second of every day missing Christi ... May God continue to hold you close ...

Love from my family to yours!

Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN
mommy_jaden@yahoo.com

 
At 6/7/07 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an incredibly beautiful child inside and out. What an amazing gift your family received in her and through her. I can plainly see Christi felt it in reurn from her adored family & friends.

Shayla~ What an amazing story you told of you beautiful sister who sparkles through your eyes and will forever live within your heart. ~ The minute I came upon across your blog... the collage was so beautiful in itself that it brought many tears to my eyes. Your thoughts and feelings are a treasure! You are both beautiful girls who gave so much to each other =)

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing all these most amazing, most gracious stories, thoughts and pictures of Christi's beautiful life here on earth ...there are no words that can descibe the feeling & impact you have given by sharing her with all of us. I THANK YOU WITH MY WHOLE HEART! I love the peacfulness, thankfulness, joy/sadness I feel when visiting into Christi's life, as I will continue. THANK YOU!!

Forever in my thoughts & Prayers.
Raquel
www.myspace.com/summerjordyn
jrleyba@yahoo.com
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home