Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Bouquet of Thanks



EDITORIAL: ADVERTISER TRIBUNE, SAT. DEC. 30, 2006

“A bouquet of thanks, recognition”

It’s time again to hand out figurative roses to those who selflessness and community action left a lasting impression during the past year. The first flower from our big bouquet of American beauties goes to Christi Thomas and her supporters. Again this year, God picked a flower from our midst, but not before Christi and those inspired by her battle with cancer could raise funds for others facing such an illness. She not only made a sweet drink from the sour fruit life handed her, but she sold it at lemonade stands to raise money for the cause.

We were so surprised to learn, from a friend, that the above editorial was in Saturday's newspaper. So sweet! Today, Shayla and I went out to the cemetary. We thought about bringing back the sweet Christmas items which had been left there, but then decided it would look too plain if we did. We were both moved to see that a beautiful silk boquet of yellow and red roses had been pushed into the dirt since our last visit. The sweet Angel on earth who did that will never know how touched we were!

Today I had to have my first MRI conducted. I kept thinking, "How did she do this?" The MRI was the scan Christi liked the least; yet, she always did just fine. While I was all alone I kept thinking that it felt like I was closed in a coffin and this is how Christi must feel trapped inside this box. To clear that thought I tried imagining her patting my feet at the end of the tunnel like I always did when she was having an MRI conducted. Regardless, today proved to me she was pretty amazing! I miss her, yet I'm so thankful for the nine years I did have her here with me in person!

Shayla Funny:
This afternoon we cooked dinner for a friend's family since she is having surgery. Last night on the phone I had Shayla ask if they had any special requests of what we could cook for them. Shayne and I overheard Shayla say, "What can we bring you tomorrow night? We have some left over Chinese food?" Oh, Shayne and I were covering our mouths trying not to let out our laughter!

5 Comments:

At 4/1/07 11:26 AM, Blogger HeatherB said...

What a lovely tribute and one so very well deserved.

I'm so sorry to hear that you needed an MRI.

And I'm laughing over Shayla's comment! So funny. :) I hope and pray your friend's surgery goes well.

With love and prayers- remembering the Angel that graced my life always,
Heather

 
At 4/1/07 2:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is hilarious about left over chinese food! ha ha ha!

I hope your MRI comes out ok.

Kate xx

p.s. Even though I don't post often, I read your blog daily.

 
At 4/1/07 3:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

p.p.s. I enjoyed reading the blurb from the Tribune. It's awesome that they remembered Christi.

Kate xx

 
At 4/1/07 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome! Christi was definitely an American beauty!

Love, Jennifer

 
At 5/1/07 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet tribute to Christi. She will never be forgotten!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home