Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Our Little Lemonade Girl by Tif Grine, 'Berg Student


Christi & Shayla at a Heidelberg Football Game (Fall 2000 - Christi (3) Shayla (1 1/2 years old)




“Our Little Lemonade Girl”
Written and delivered by Tiffany Grine


What can I say about our “little lemonade girl”? As I sat down last night to try to think of what I could possibly say that would deserve, I had no idea where to start.

The first time I met Christi, she gave me a big hug. That was something that Christi always gave away freely: hugs. She hugged everyone she met. I will never forget how living she was to everyone.

I have been to all of the lemonade stands on campus, plus a few that were held in the community as well. I was always touched that Christi “a little girl wanted to do something to help other children. That isn’t something that I normally think of other children wanting to do, help others. When I think of Christi, though, I think of her working for others and helping “sick children” although she never included herself in that category.

I have a picture of myself with Christi at the last lemonade stand on campus. Just as my mom snapped the picture, Christi grabbed me around the neck and squeezed me. In that picture, we are both laughing and smiling. That is how I will forever remember Christi – with a smile on her face.

I have babysat for the girls several times, and that is what I was dong the last time I saw Christi in mid-August. We played games all night. After that I read books to the girls and they went to bed. When I peeked in on Christi a little bit later she was curled up in her bed, reading a book and she never even noticed that I was looking into her room. I am sure that right now in Heaven, Christi has a book in her hand.

The best things though that I learned from Christi was to cherish my time that I have. She lives her life to the fullest in everything that she did. She never complained and if she did she apologized for it. She did everything with al of the energy she had. She pour hundreds, or even thousands, of cups of lemonade for friends, family and complete strangers although it wasn’t the taste of an ice-cold cup of lemonade that people remembered when they walked away. People remember Christi for her smile, her love and the book in her hand, and I know that I will always remember her that way too.


Relaxing with the Grine family after Christi's 9th birthday party.

1 Comments:

At 5/2/07 7:48 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

Thanks soo much for sharing what the 'Berg students shared about Christi.

It's apparent that she touched all of their lives so deeply. No suprise as she sure touched mine.

Thinking of you always,

With love and prayers,
Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home