Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Snow Day!


The first thing Shayla did out in the snow today was make three snow angels. After analyzing them she pointed to this one and declared, "This one is for Christi. It's the best one."


"It's not as easy in real snow as it is on the kitchen floor, mom." (Ah, yes, Shayla - I can see that.)


With great joy, I must admit that 7 year old Shayla's wish came true. It must have been the ice cubes she put into the toilet, or perhaps the fact she asked me to turn her pajamas inside out, regardless - today was our first Snow Day!

Christi (7 years old) & Shayla (5 years old) (Snow Day - January 2005)

6 Comments:

At 30/1/07 3:24 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Love the snow angel, Shayla! Your yard sure looks different than when we were there! We won't be getting any snow in Augusta (we haven't even turned on the heat), so I will have to stick with admiring the snow through your pictures. I hope you had a fun day in the snow and had lots of hot chocolate to drink!

Love,
Claire
Rally Foundation

 
At 30/1/07 4:07 PM, Blogger Rebekah said...

Angela ~ Shayne ~ Shayla!

Just stopping in to say hello and to let you know that I am thinking of you all as I do everyday! Shayla - those angels are BEAUTIFUL ... I know Christi is looking down on you with pride - afterall you are the Best Little Sister any girl could have! I am glad you finally got some snow to use your snow board and I am even happier you got a snow day! Oh I remember those days! Well stay warm over there in Ohio ... we are getting -20 degree air temperatures this weekend so I am sure there will be no sledding here in MN! I continue to pray for your family and think of you very often. Please know you will forever remain in my thoughts and prayers - your little Christi has impacted me in a whay I never knew!

I found this recently and of course thought of all of you!




Remembering You
We thought of you today,
But that is nothing new
We thought of you yesterday
And will tomorrow, too
We think of you in silence
And make no outward show
For what it meant to lose you
Only those who love you know
Remembering you is easy
We do it everyday
It's the heartache of losing you
That will never go away.
~author unknown

God Bless!

Love from my family to yours!

Rebekah Clark
Prior Lake, MN
mommy_jaden@yahoo.com

 
At 30/1/07 8:01 PM, Blogger Candy said...

Just a note to let you know that you are all still very much in my thoughts and prayers. I apologize for not signing your guestbook in ages. I often find myself stopping by just to look at the beautiful pictures of Christi. Thank you for sharing so much of her all to short with us.

I'm glad that Shayla's hard work paid off and she finally got her snow day...hey, whatever works! I bet Christi loved her snow angel:)

 
At 30/1/07 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh Sweet Shayla! I shall wait to see you in the Winter Olympics sometime very soon!
Enjoy your snow day honey.. oh and just a word of advice.. ice cubes and a small scoop of ice-cream! My University (College to you guys I think) did this down our kitchen sink and lo and behold we had snow in England! Although I must mention, we had to clean the drains out and I'm sure your sweet Mom and Dad, will not be too pleased.. stick with snowboarding hon!!!! xxx

 
At 30/1/07 10:51 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Ice cubes in the toilet... there's one I haven't heard! My little sister always wore her pajamas inside out (and backwards, for good measure). Looks like a fun snow day- and to think a lady in line with me today complained about the 60 degree temperatures here in Baton Rouge! Ha!

 
At 5/9/07 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These comments have been invaluable to me as is this whole site. I thank you for your comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home