Support For Christi Thomas

This blog is to help offer support to the Thomas Family and their daughter, Christi, in her battle against cancer. Please visit Christi's website at www.ChristiThomas.com to learn more. There, you'll find journals, photos and a lots of other information about this amazing child and her family.

A Note About Comments: When you post a Comment, please note that it will appear online after it is approved.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Snowman in the Cemetery

I'm still not certain what is going on with the pictures (or lack of pictures I should say!). We'll be with "Webby" this weekend and hopefully he can figure it out.
While I was teaching last night, Shayne took Shayla out for snowboarding at the park and snowman building at the cememtery! I'm certain Christi is looking down loving her snowman built at her grave! Shayla said, "Some many not think this is being respectful, but Christi would love this!"
Shayne and Shayla took off for the cemetery after school yesterday. They made Christi this awesome snowman.

CEMETERY FUNNY: We were thankful when Christi died that my parents had purchased four plots out at the cemetery. It just made everything easier and gave me comfort in knowing that Christi was "with" my father and one day Grandma Nonee will join them too. After the funeral, Shayne learned that the plots directly above Christi were available and we knew we wanted to buy them. We weren't certain what finances looked like at that time and if we were going to land upside down or what so we waited.....and waited. (I mean who wants to run right out and buy burial plots with our family, right?? Certainly they'd be available for a long, long time.)

Finally, after putting it off for months and months, Shayne called to inquire with the intent to purchase last week. The response on the phone nearly took his breath away. "Shayne, I'm sorry. Christi isn't buried here. I think she's at Seneca Memory Gardens." Ooops! Shayne called the wrong cemetery!! Feeling very embarassed, he called the right one and drove out and purchased the other plots. I know it sounds crazy, but that gives me comfort knowing we have them and loved ones won't have to make that decision.

11 Comments:

At 20/2/07 9:03 AM, Blogger Amy said...

What a beautiful snowman for Christi. I'm sure she loves it!

 
At 20/2/07 10:57 AM, Blogger Jennifer (Kids Cancer Crusade) said...

That snowman is awesome and perfectly respectful for Christi's grave. I'm sure she LOVES it!

I still have yet to play in the snow! Shayla should come teach me how to snowboard!

 
At 20/2/07 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how much the snowman probably meant to angel Christi. Everyday I pray that Christi is having as great of a time in heaven as she did on earth and always smiling that contagious smile always.

 
At 20/2/07 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea of Christi having her very own snowman! Shayla is such a great sister! I'm glad you got your plots purchased so you'll be close to your precious little one. When my mother died 3 years ago, we had to help my father purchase her plot. Dad got his at the same time. The next day my husband and I went and purchased ours next to them. It does take the burden off of the family when the time comes. God bless you and your family. I love coming here and reading your daily thoughts. Hugs to you!

 
At 20/2/07 12:10 PM, Blogger HeatherB said...

The snowman on Christi's grave looks perfect. I'm sure she's loving it from Heaven. And I agree with Shayla- if Christi would love it, then why not?

I'm just so sorry that sweet and precious Shayla has to visit her sister's grave instead of having her to play with here on earth.

Please give her a hug from me!

Lots of love and prayersm,
Heather

 
At 20/2/07 2:49 PM, Blogger Love Being A Nonny said...

What a precious thing for Shayla to do for Christie.

 
At 20/2/07 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your funeral funny is priceless. I can just about imagine the shocked look when told his daughter wasn't there.....Having done things like that myself, I can only sympathize with Shayne.

As for the snowman, how wonderful!

 
At 20/2/07 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE CHRISTI'S SNOWMAN!!! How thoughtful of her little sister and Dad! It's too cute!k

 
At 22/2/07 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's very appropriate and a very prestigious looking snowman.

 
At 23/2/07 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the snowman is a perfect idea! What a loving, caring little sister and dad!

 
At 26/2/07 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everytime I go to Findlay, I glance in Christi's direction and think of her. Well last week when going to Findlay I saw this AWSOME snowman and smiled and new most definately that it was for Christi. It made me smile all the way to Findlay!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home